AFL Player #31: Zach Reid - Hamstring - 4 to 6 weeks - 19/3

Remove this Banner Ad

The talk from the VFL watches is that he gets pushed off the ball too easily simply because he doesn’t have the weight to compete yet. The rest of his game seems to be pretty good though. It seems like at this stage he’d be more likely to play as injury cover for Ridley and his role rather than coming in as a swap for a Zerk or Francis who play much more strength based roles.

I think this is right.

If he plays this year it won't be to stand a key forward. He'll be a very oversized flanker.

He’d be a better option to back up ruck over cox
Based on what?

I'm not for a second thinking Cox should be rucking at all, not even as backup, but why would Reid be a better option? They're both tall twigs who can run with neither playing ruck as a junior.

Put a mature body in as 2nd ruck, Langford will do for a chop out. I don't want to see us banging up a kid for the sake of it.

Based on what?

I'm not for a second thinking Cox should be rucking at all, not even as backup, but why would Reid be a better option? They're both tall twigs who can run with neither playing ruck as a junior.

Put a mature body in as 2nd ruck, Langford will do for a chop out. I don't want to see us banging up a kid for the sake of it.
Based on he actually played some ruck in the nab league, where as cox didn’t. This is not me saying he should be in there at all langford should do it, just saying I’d rather have him in there over Cox.

Based on he actually played some ruck in the nab league, where as cox didn’t. This is not me saying he should be in there at all langford should do it, just saying I’d rather have him in there over Cox.
Neither. Langford would be my choice. Now that we know you can take possession and run without fear, Langers might get some crafty passes away.

Not sure what is holding him back from a debut aside from perhaps not wanting to debut too many at once...
“‘Reidy’ was strong again. He was good in the aerial contests and he took three or four intercept marks which was really good for him. He got a lot of the ball and used it, and his decision-making and skill execution has been a highlight.”

Honestly couldn't do worse then Gleeson/Zerk/Cutler

Send Zerk to the slaughter this week

Them debut against Collingwood they have Cox Cameron Mihochek

surely he can handle that
If his read of the play is as good as they say, he might be an ok foil for Cox. Just cut off his lead to the ball. He's useless after that.
Francis to Mihocek, Laverde to Cameron & let Ridley run the ball all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his read of the play is as good as they say, he might be an ok foil for Cox. Just cut off his lead to the ball. He's useless after that.
Francis to Mihocek, Laverde to Cameron & let Ridley run the ball all day.
Let it happen

Honestly couldn't do worse then Gleeson/Zerk/Cutler

Send Zerk to the slaughter this week

Them debut against Collingwood they have Cox Cameron Mihochek

surely he can handle that
If Reid plays, he won't hold down a key position yet. He'll get monstered.

He'll likely play as a flanker.

True. He is better than Cox as far as ruck time played and craft. However I would rather have Cox in the ruck over Langford.

So excited that all of our top ten recruits can cover the ground well. Feel like running out games has been a massive issue for us for a while.
We never drafted guys with the sort of dominant physical traits that these guys have. It makes a difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back