Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
31 - Zach Reid.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 5, 2021 (illness)
Injury Status: Glandular Fever - No timeline on return - 4/5
Tonsilitis, won't be available this week either - 28/4
Left out for Anzac Day due to illness - 24/4

Last edited:

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Club confirmed. Light duties this week, recovered quicker than expected and looking to resume full training, building up from next week.

Key defender Zach Reid will spend a short amount of time away from the club recovering after his tonsillitis progressed to glandular fever recently.

Murphy said Reid has recovered quicker than expected and will look to resume full training shortly.

“After having tonsillitis, Zach was diagnosed with glandular fever. He will be away from the club this week and pleasingly is now on the improve," Murphy said.

"Zach will be on light duties this week and we will look to get him back into the club next week to then build up his program as he can tolerate.”

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
probably a good thing to take the pressure off on bringing him straight in for early games while hes not ready

maybe Bevo needs to concoct a glandular fever story on JUH so he stops getting asked..

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I went to "Thats Good For Footy" on Wednesday night and Stringer strongly stated that he thinks Reid could be the best of last years draft which gave me shivers. I am hoping we have finally nailed a draft.
Stringer is either legitimately rapt with our recruits or trying to praise his way into an enormous contract. Tactical genius.

Hak94

Debutant
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Stringer is either legitimately rapt with our recruits or trying to praise his way into an enormous contract. Tactical genius.
Either way, with how he is playing right now he deserves one. Pinch hitting in the middle every quarter for a few mins + kicking 1-3 goals every week + his presence up forward, his consistency is exciting. Looks to have finally gotten his body right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicholas61

Debutant
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
I went to "Thats Good For Footy" on Wednesday night and Stringer strongly stated that he thinks Reid could be the best of last years draft which gave me shivers. I am hoping we have finally nailed a draft.
I read he looked good up forward in a practise match. Didn’t test great for straight line speed but good ability for a big guy and an elite kick. Looks calm and composed.

Remove this Banner Ad