AFL Player #31: Zach Reid - Hamstring - 4 to 6 weeks - 19/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see him up and running and showing what he can do. Just has a way of getting his limbs in the way of potential goals - reminiscent of some of the work that Fletcher used to do.

He seems quite switched on and I think he covers the ground very smoothly for a bloke his size.

If he can keep his body right then I think we'll have a long term key defender and someone who can play on the bigger blokes.

Nice to see him up and running and showing what he can do. Just has a way of getting his limbs in the way of potential goals - reminiscent of some of the work that Fletcher used to do.

He seems quite switched on and I think he covers the ground very smoothly for a bloke his size.

If he can keep his body right then I think we'll have a long term key defender and someone who can play on the bigger blokes.
He reads the play so well and takes his time to mark an informed decision. Great signs.

assuming your talking about Lynch (0.4). How does one come up with this conclusion ?

Coleman medal leader coming off 7, 5 and 5.

No goals.

Everything else is unnecessary fluff.

No goals.

Forget the fact that Riewoldt kicked 1 on him or the fact that Lynch had 4 shots on goal.

He will be better for the run against a couple of very good forwards but to suggest he can pocket them is a bit facetious.

Has shown a lot for a young man playing his 5th~ game in a team where mids don't defend as well as they should. I still look forward to trying him at FB with Cox at CHB in the future. But Reid looks the goods so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has shown a lot for a young man playing his 5th~ game in a team where mids don't defend as well as they should. I still look forward to trying him at FB with Cox at CHB in the future. But Reid looks the goods so far.
The composure Reid shows is the most exciting thing. Doesn't look flustered

No goals.

Lynch shanking 4 very gettable shots is luck, not skill.

Well and truly outmatched on Lynch at this stage of his career, but competed all game, did some nice things and didn’t drop his head.

He was fortunate Lynch didn’t have his kicking boots on.

Kick didn't make the distance which led to the Redman turnover and a goal, but mostly his disposal and decision making has been quite good. You could see the ambition to open up the corridor when he went for the kick and it would have been marked had he made the distance. Vision didn't match the execution. He'll be a very solid key post in a couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back