Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say exactly why, but every day has me liking the pick up of Newnes just a little more.

He can run, links-up well, is a good mark for is height, can kick a goal, makes for a quality individual and leader around the club........and he's next to free.

Not getting any Shaw, Mullet, Fasolo, O'Shea, Bugg vibes about him at all. :)

Ditto. i think its because he is exactly the type of player we are short on- running link player that can also kick goals. Has shown that he is capable of being more than a good player a few years ago at the saints.Is in the exact demographic we need. And got him for nothing!

Welcome Jack. Can anyone clarify if he has a sub 6 min 2k to allow admission to the oxygen brothers?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Top 10

1st - Jack Newnes (PB)

2nd - Sean Dempster (PB)

3rd - Maverick Weller (PB)

4th - Josh Saunders

5th - David Armitage (PB)

6th - Daniel Markworth (PB)

7th - Eli Templeton

8th - Dylan Roberton (PB)

9th - Daniel McKenzie

10th - Seb Ross/Tom Curren
Was from 2015 though ... make of it what you will.

This years pre season ....

Running machine is fine but so was Kerridge. Is he a major upgrade?
On avg possessions he slots inside top 10. Played 140 odd consecutive games, more than 150 in total. Leadership group last 4 years was in future captain discussions along side Geary and top 5 B&F. Not a lot of Kerridge in those bits and pieces. Given our list profile he will be top 10 B&F next year comfortably as it currently looks. Seen a fair bit of him play. Moves well, mature body, big work rate. Sound pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 10

1st - Jack Newnes (PB)

2nd - Sean Dempster (PB)

3rd - Maverick Weller (PB)

4th - Josh Saunders

5th - David Armitage (PB)

6th - Daniel Markworth (PB)

7th - Eli Templeton

8th - Dylan Roberton (PB)

9th - Daniel McKenzie

10th - Seb Ross/Tom Curren
Was from 2015 though ... make of it what you will.
That's is crazy in a 2km time trial he beat 2nd place by 400m... So he was faster than the entire team by at least 20%. Either Newnes was very fit or the entire St Kilda team was very unfit. Had played 123 games straight until being dropped this year so no injuries and no reason to think he's all a sudden dropped off in fitness. Will give Curnow bros a nudge based on fitness alone let alone wanting to prove himself at a new club I would have thought.

That's is crazy in a 2km time trial he beat 2nd place by 400m... So he was faster than the entire team by at least 20%. Either Newnes was very fit or the entire St Kilda team was very unfit. Had played 123 games straight until being dropped this year so no injuries and no reason to think he's all a sudden dropped off in fitness. Will give Curnow bros a nudge based on fitness alone let alone wanting to prove himself at a new club I would have thought.

He beat second place by the length of the straight of a 400m track so about 100m which is still a fair effort over a 2km time trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back