Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

So we picked up a gun in his prime for nothing. Excellent. Why don';t we do that more often.

He's not a gun, but he is a mature head and a very solid citizen. Should add plenty on and off the field over the next few years. A very strong addition to the squad for the price.

Had a down year in 2019 so it'll be interesting to see if he can recapture his best form in a new environment. He's a hard worker and certainly young enough to do that.

He's much better than other mature players we've added for nothing over the past few years. In fact the pool of players changing clubs for nothing seems to have improved dramatically in recent years, and it's good to see we're joining the party on that front.

spry

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
make no mistake, we're due to pull a hick hick hick out of a hat hat hat one day soon I reckon...........

IMG_4554.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hickmott is the last true non-marque player to leave another club to star for us. Maybe Scotland as well.

I am quietly confident that Will Setterfield is the 'anoited one', granted he was a high draft pick, but was far from Marquee Status when he left the Giants.

He has become my favourite player in just over 1 season at the club, and deserves to be mentioned as part of SOS' legacy at our club, we got him for a can of coke and a bag of Twisties.

Back on topic, really starting to warm to Newnes as a recruit, is saying and doing all the right things since he arrived, and seems like the consumate professional

I might be a stubborn bald codger, but brave enough to admit i may have been wrong (again)

tenor.gif

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
some of it on carltonfc before site crashes on me again....

After officially arriving at the Club on Friday, Jack Martin will wear the No.21 guernsey in his first season in Navy Blue. Synonymous with games record holder Craig Bradley, Martin will bring his own flare to one of the most famous numbers in Carlton’s history.

It will be a familiar number for Marc Pittonet at his new club, once again wearing the No.27 jumper: his number at Hawthorn for the past three seasons. Joining Pittonet at his second club is Jack Newnes, who has been handed the No.32 jumper.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
some of it on carltonfc before site crashes on me again....

After officially arriving at the Club on Friday, Jack Martin will wear the No.21 guernsey in his first season in Navy Blue. Synonymous with games record holder Craig Bradley, Martin will bring his own flare to one of the most famous numbers in Carlton’s history.

It will be a familiar number for Marc Pittonet at his new club, once again wearing the No.27 jumper: his number at Hawthorn for the past three seasons. Joining Pittonet at his second club is Jack Newnes, who has been handed the No.32 jumper.

Cheers FF78, Martin in Braddles legendary number, I like it, I like it a lot.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Newnes kicks off a sequence of three new Blues in successive guernseys, with draftees Sam Ramsay and Sam Philp to wear the Nos.33 and 34 respectively.

Ramsay won’t have to look far to find schoolmate-turned-teammate Josh Honey in the locker room, with the rookie handed the No.36 jumper made famous by Mark Maclure. Fellow rookie Fraser Phillips will wear the No.39 of former fan favourites Ang Christou and Dale Thomas.

The No.42, once worn by former star and premiership coach Robert Walls, is currently vacant.

Back