Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say exactly why, but every day has me liking the pick up of Newnes just a little more.

He can run, links-up well, is a good mark for is height, can kick a goal, makes for a quality individual and leader around the club........and he's next to free.

Not getting any Shaw, Mullet, Fasolo, O'Shea, Bugg vibes about him at all. :)

I know this is late, but I feel this is a little tough on o'shea. I think his heart was in it.

He's not a gun, but he is a mature head and a very solid citizen. Should add plenty on and off the field over the next few years. A very strong addition to the squad for the price.

Had a down year in 2019 so it'll be interesting to see if he can recapture his best form in a new environment. He's a hard worker and certainly young enough to do that.

He's much better than other mature players we've added for nothing over the past few years. In fact the pool of players changing clubs for nothing seems to have improved dramatically in recent years, and it's good to see we're joining the party on that front.

I think you guys did very well snagging him for nothing.
His reputation as a meat and potatoes, solid citizen is warranted, however a few years ago he was showing far more promise than just that.
He just got a bit stale and injured (persistent niggles)- which are issues that are very easy to turn around.

Richo loved playing players whilst carrying injuries, and newnes was clearly playing hampered the last couple of years.

If he is able to put his niggles behind him, the guy is a serious A grade talent.
If I were you guys I'd be more excited about newnes than martin.

Infact I'd put money on newnes comfortably finishing higher in your bnf than martin this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back