Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I think x will leave next year
When goldy is dun ccj and Edwards ruck fwd combo then larkey comben big fwds looking good

That's how I see it too. CCJ will be first ruck with Edwards giving him a chop out, though they will rotate a lot more than Goldy does. Nobody has Goldy's endurance. Comben with his bone injury history should not be sent into the ruck.

I think x will leave next year
When goldy is dun ccj and Edwards ruck fwd combo then larkey comben big fwds looking good
Edwards could be devastating as a ruck forward. Three 197+cm super mobile forwards will stretch most defences. Comben or Edwards ends up with a tweener.

Edwards could be devastating as a ruck forward. Three 197+cm super mobile forwards will stretch most defences. Comben or Edwards ends up with a tweener.
He showed a bit in the VFL game I watched last year. One of his most surprising attributes was his defensive pressure.

Is it a fair comment that GC would have considered Jacob at Pick 3 versus Mac Andrew?

They were clearly the two best u19 R/F's in the game. Even if they ended up taking Mac (likely), it's a reflection on how much we lucked out.
Maybe. Depends on how much under 18s jacobs played. I think delta covid hit right around when we got him and he didn't play atfer that.

Is it a fair comment that GC would have considered Jacob at Pick 3 versus Mac Andrew?

They were clearly the two best u19 R/F's in the game. Even if they ended up taking Mac (likely), it's a reflection on how much we lucked out.

(Return of the) Mac for mine, but if Edwards is in the conversation we are laughing.

Direct from an AFL recruiter who I know Edwards would’ve went between 6-15 in this years ND. 3rd best genuine ruck behind Andrew & Conway but the potential upside as a forward was what made him incredibly appealing.

*Edit didn't include Darcy because he was tied to the WB academy.

Last edited:

What about the bloke that went at pick 2?

Anyway, Edwards is a legit mid first rounder. He got the chocolates against Andrew in their game earlier in the year. His agility is off the charts for his size.

What about the bloke that went at pick 2?

Anyway, Edwards is a legit mid first rounder. He got the chocolates against Andrew in their game earlier in the year. His agility is off the charts for his size.
was never available for clubs to REALLY bid on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just follow T. De Koning's path at Carlton.

That will be the path that Edwards takes - with the one exception is that Edwards will be a better forward 50 player.

We need to wait 2 years - but the wait will be worth it.

Agree. Doesn’t have the insane leap as TDK but his kicking it order of magnitudes better. But yes, similar time frame.

We’ll have to be patient

This time last year we had only larkey.
Now we’ve got CCJ and Edwards for the next decade.
Hope our defence has similar by the start of next season.
Busslinger, Busslinger he’s our man, if we can’t get him, nobody can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back