Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks did something dodgy to get him that’s now banned iirc.
They didn't. He nominated terms above and beyond the standard. They took him with the second pick. It had no effect on them nabbing him since we were always taking Edwards.

If someone had a pick before the Hawks they could've just taken him on the longer contract and higher pay. He's worth it.

They didn't. He nominated terms above and beyond the standard. They took him with the second pick. It had no effect on them nabbing him since we were always taking Edwards.

If someone had a pick before the Hawks they could've just taken him on the longer contract and higher pay. He's worth it.

Yeh for a second they looked like they were going to push him through to a later pick but Cola came sniffing and they had to pay fair price.

Pity that principle never applies to Cola themselves.

Right ok, just saw 202 85kg, needs to add 15, ideally 20kg, that might take 4-5 years. Goldy got another 5 in him?
Yeah. I reckon minimum 3 years to get him to a good position. Needs to put on almost 20% of his current weight all whilst building aerobic capacity. We should realistically be planning to use him from 2025 onwards as a regular AFL player and anything earlier is a bonus.

Didn’t they change the rules after that?

Didn’t they change the rules after that?
Yep, although my opinion is that it is a complete storm in a teacup.

I have no problem with blokes who probably have full time jobs/careers putting themselves up on better terms. They're still available to anyone who will take them on those terms.

Hawthorn genuinely did nothing wrong and the carry on from the AFL here and other clubs is absurd.

How the hell can you even be that tall and only weigh 85 kg? Has this bloke ever encountered a hamburger in his life

He could probably eat 10 and it’d have no impact. I remember the joys of a youthful metabolism. Plus add in his training loads.

This kids will need a COFA .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much, it’s a rubbish comp
Since this so called BS rubbish competition started we have had the worst draw and more byes then anyone if anything Edwards needs to play as much footy as possible as the VFL side needs height.
I’m just hoping tonight we take 2 key position players in the draft as anything less will be an out cry.
Well I guess I will see who we get Sunday when I’m watching the VFL at Arden Street.

Needs to hit the guinesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back