Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Agree, it takes some gumption to walk up to a young AFL player and be the first to get his autograph.

These are two facts: when I typed it I wondered how quickly somebody would make that gag and how quickly it would be King Corey.

The fact he and Charlie Ham look like they should be starring in a teen stoner movie doesn't hurt does it.
81BUcOExGjL._AC_SX425_.jpg

"Jed's not here man"
We went and saw Cheech and Chong live once and unbeknownst to us a mate called Dave had also gone top see them. And ate a block of hash on the way.

It was the running joke for the whole night. And for years later among us.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We went and saw Cheech and Chong live once and unbeknownst to us a mate called Dave had also gone top see them. And ate a block of hash on the way.

It was the running joke for the whole night. And for years later among us.

That would have been incredible to be honest.

That would have been incredible to be honest.
It was pretty cool.

We got to meet them afterward for a chat for about 15 minutes. I used to have photos of me and the missus with them but they disappeared over the years. It was after Black Saturday and they were charging people $150 or $200 to meet for photos and autographs and donating the money to the recovery effort. Someone told them the missus and I were fireys and Cheech loves firey's being from California and having nearly lost his place to a fire so they actually asked to meet us. Told 'em a few war stories.

It was the last night of Nimbin Mardi Grass, so we left Nimbin and drove to see them on the Gold Coast. They'd never heard of Nimbin and were spun out a bit to hear about the town and its weed festival.

Not as spun out as when I pulled out a pipe and offered them a toke tho. rofl

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
It was pretty cool.

We got to meet them afterward for a chat for about 15 minutes. I used to have photos of me and the missus with them but they disappeared over the years. It was after Black Saturday and they were charging people $150 or $200 to meet for photos and autographs and donating the money to the recovery effort. Someone told them the missus and I were fireys and Cheech loves firey's being from California and having nearly lost his place to a fire so they actually asked to meet us. Told 'em a few war stories.

It was the last night of Nimbin Mardi Grass, so we left Nimbin and drove to see them on the Gold Coast. They'd never heard of Nimbin and were spun out a bit to hear about the town and its weed festival.

Respect man, that story is aces (and also for being a firey).

It was pretty cool.

Wow that’s a great story. I saw them at Dallas Brooks Hall (RIP) in the ‘70’s and they opened with “and for those here on acid..” and proceeded to do these weird contortions of face and arms which, as a person ripped on Afghani black, I found mildly amusing but did notice some I knew were tripping anxiously look for the exit signs. Honestly can’t remember anything else about the concert.

Wow that’s a great story. I saw them at Dallas Brooks Hall (RIP) in the ‘70’s and they opened with “and for those here on acid..” and proceeded to do these weird contortions of face and arms which, as a person ripped on Afghani black, I found mildly amusing but did notice some I knew were tripping anxiously look for the exit signs. Honestly can’t remember anything else about the concert.
Hahaha.

I knew a girl who went and saw Alexi Sayle one time in the late 80s or early 90s. He walked out on stage and did the same thing for 15 minutes then said "That's for anyone here tripping on acid."

He ripped them off!!! No way she would have seen Cheech and Chong in the 70s and remembered that, she was born in the 70s. I bet they wouldn't have spun out at me sparking up a pipe back then either, although it was only a few years after Tommy had done 9 months in a federal prison for running a bong shop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back