Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jed Anderson likes this.
Haha I had the same thought when I saw that post. A bloke on the podium for the toughest bloke in the league had a man bun and then a shocking topknot, and would occasionally wear bright boots. Didn't stop him putting his body on the line every week and poleaxing the s**t out of campaigners whenever the opportunity arose.

Cheers mate. I should have known we had a bye. I could be chief football writer at the herald sun with my lack of research.
It’s vfl, only a few of us bother to waste our time on it. Wouldn’t worry about it. The scratch match is a rumour at this stage.

Kanga lotto feels like its grown into a "Are you willing to buy into the club and show it by ditching something you've worked years on".

Probably means a lot to the group that he was willing to do it.

Kanga lotto feels like its grown into a "Are you willing to buy into the club and show it by ditching something you've worked years on".

Probably means a lot to the group that he was willing to do it.
it’s pretty dumb tbh

Just a random tradition but one we could easily do without

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
it’s pretty dumb tbh

I think some of the things involved are a little stupid, but I also believe kangalotto as a whole is a nice little cultural homogenizing device to get the players bonding and feeling more like a part of something bigger. I imagine most clubs would have something that fulfills that function.

IMO it's a great way to get the new draftees feeling accepted.

it’s pretty dumb tbh

We have a party pooper on our hands!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think some of the things involved are a little stupid, but I also believe kangalotto as a whole is a nice little cultural homogenizing device to get the players bonding and feeling more like a part of something bigger. I imagine most clubs would have something that fulfills that function.

IMO it's a great way to get the new draftees feeling accepted.
I feel like the shaving of head shouldn’t be part of kanga lotto. Just things like the wear the suit to training and other stitch ups

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I feel like the shaving of head shouldn’t be part of kanga lotto. Just things like the wear the suit to training
Fair enough. On the face of it it's pretty dumb, but I genuinely believe even the shaving of their hair servers a purpose and as long as they aren't also bringing out the paddles, dildos, and blindfolds then I don't have any issue with it.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Fair enough. On the face of it it's pretty dumb, but I genuinely believe even the shaving of their hair servers a purpose and as long as they aren't also bringing out the paddles, dildos, and blindfolds then I don't have any issue with it.

Wasn't there an article somewhere about him being a top 10 pick in this years national draft if he had decided to go that way? I have tried to find it but no joy...

I do recall this one saying he was a potential top 20 pick if he went down the national draft path.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wasn't there an article somewhere about him being a top 10 pick in this years national draft if he had decided to go that way? I have tried to find it but no joy...
Yeah have heard the same but that is a pretty big call so far out from the draft. Like to know what eDPS thoughts on this.

The ‘Kanga-Blues’ ran out as 65-point winners on the day, with Leigh Adams saying Edwards was impressive in his first game of senior football.

“Jacob played about 50 per cent of the game, he looked OK and did some nice things. He’s very raw but he didn’t look out of place,” Adams told North Media.

“He’s got a good footy brain on him and with a bit more conditioning and strength behind him he looks like he could be a good player.

“We exclusively played him forward this week just to keep him out of the centre bounces. It’s the first time he’s played against men, so we wanted to let him find his feet a little bit more as a forward.

“He did some forward 50 rucking, but he predominantly played as a tall forward.”

Back