Player Watch #32 James Bell - debuting this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grimlock

Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2001
Luke Parker's Bandwagon
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, NSW
James BELL
2017 NEAFL (Sydney Swans)
Totals
  • 2 games
  • 0 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 0 times in best players list

Averages
  • 9.0 kicks
  • 5.5 handballs
  • 14.5 disposals
  • 3.0 marks
  • 1.0 tackle
  • 0.5 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 1.5 clearances
  • 0.5 inside 50s
  • 0.5 rebound 50s
  • 48.50 Dream Team points
2016 NEAFL
1 game - 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 1 free for, 2 frees against 5 inside 50s 1 goal 2 behinds

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
This one excites me...loved his highlight reel!

Edit: has a bit of Jamie Lawson about him.

Last edited:

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Watched James in the AFLX. Poised, balanced, good hands, eyes up and pretty quick. Kick looks OK. May well end up the best of our rookies.
yeah he did look good mate, could he be or next big steal from the rookie draft? i also really like that Amartey too, not sure if i spelt that right but the big athletic ruckman we also got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWSD

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2009
Mill Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I rate James Bell. He has a lot of talent and been more then solid in the NEAFL. Is he ever going to play though? I think he could add some x-factor to the Swans forward-line.

Wolftone

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2012
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Sydney
He's generally a good kick. Strong at the ball. Clever. Does the easy stuff well. Is a team player. Saw a game two seasons ago when he was on HB. He was unbeatable and ran the ball out really well. His delivery was very good. Against Giants. Dawson was star in the second half and was the reason we killed them. But Bell was top quality. This year he gas been ultra consistent. Incredibly dangerous anywhere near goal. At this stage a poor man's, Michael Walters. Give him a few seasons he'll be Mickie O 2
Havnt seen too much of him to be honest.

Strengths and weaknesses??
On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

RobbieK

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney
He's generally a good kick. Strong at the ball. Clever. Does the easy stuff well. Is a team player. Saw a game two seasons ago when he was on HB. He was unbeatable and ran the ball out really well. His delivery was very good. Against Giants. Dawson was star in the second half and was the reason we killed them. But Bell was top quality. This year he gas been ultra consistent. Incredibly dangerous anywhere near goal. At this stage a poor man's, Michael Walters. Give him a few seasons he'll be Mickie O 2

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think that is an unfair and unhelpful comparison. Bell is a very different kind of player. For those that need a little bit of a reminder about what club legend O'Loughlin was capable of:

Top Bottom