Past James Bell - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

qJOoyoJJ.jpg

James Bell

Player Profile

QBE Sydney Swans Academy product James Bell was rewarded for shining NEAFL form when he was called up for his AFL debut against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 21, 2019. The young Swan is one of Sydney’s quickest players, attacks the footy hard and can play on the inside of the midfield, on a wing or at half-forward. In a tribute to his family, Bell celebrated his first AFL goal with a striking Indigenous dance at the MCG in Round 22 last year.

James Bell

DOB:10 February 1999
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: University of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited:
James BELL
2017 NEAFL (Sydney Swans)
Totals
  • 2 games
  • 0 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 0 times in best players list

Averages
  • 9.0 kicks
  • 5.5 handballs
  • 14.5 disposals
  • 3.0 marks
  • 1.0 tackle
  • 0.5 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 1.5 clearances
  • 0.5 inside 50s
  • 0.5 rebound 50s
  • 48.50 Dream Team points
2016 NEAFL
1 game - 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 1 free for, 2 frees against 5 inside 50s 1 goal 2 behinds

This one excites me...loved his highlight reel!

Edit: has a bit of Jamie Lawson about him.

Last edited:

Great story, i cant believe it took this long for the afl media who are always short on stories this time of year to report on it. Sounds like a very decent talent.
Watched James in the AFLX. Poised, balanced, good hands, eyes up and pretty quick. Kick looks OK. May well end up the best of our rookies.

Watched James in the AFLX. Poised, balanced, good hands, eyes up and pretty quick. Kick looks OK. May well end up the best of our rookies.
yeah he did look good mate, could he be or next big steal from the rookie draft? i also really like that Amartey too, not sure if i spelt that right but the big athletic ruckman we also got.

He looked like he was struggling in the videos. If a trainer is pep talking you running laps, your're in trouble

He looked like he was struggling in the videos. If a trainer is pep talking you running laps, your're in trouble

You’re basing this off tiny snippets of a video? In that case I saw Heeney laying on the grass looking knackered and I think it’s time he picked his lazy arse up and got to work.

I rate James Bell. He has a lot of talent and been more then solid in the NEAFL. Is he ever going to play though? I think he could add some x-factor to the Swans forward-line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last two games have been very good. I especially liked his attack on the ball and the attack on the player. Very direct and strong. Ready for a senior game in my view.

Agreed.

Maybe taking on some leadership responsibility suited him

He's generally a good kick. Strong at the ball. Clever. Does the easy stuff well. Is a team player. Saw a game two seasons ago when he was on HB. He was unbeatable and ran the ball out really well. His delivery was very good. Against Giants. Dawson was star in the second half and was the reason we killed them. But Bell was top quality. This year he gas been ultra consistent. Incredibly dangerous anywhere near goal. At this stage a poor man's, Michael Walters. Give him a few seasons he'll be Mickie O 2
Havnt seen too much of him to be honest.

Strengths and weaknesses??

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's generally a good kick. Strong at the ball. Clever. Does the easy stuff well. Is a team player. Saw a game two seasons ago when he was on HB. He was unbeatable and ran the ball out really well. His delivery was very good. Against Giants. Dawson was star in the second half and was the reason we killed them. But Bell was top quality. This year he gas been ultra consistent. Incredibly dangerous anywhere near goal. At this stage a poor man's, Michael Walters. Give him a few seasons he'll be Mickie O 2

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that is an unfair and unhelpful comparison. Bell is a very different kind of player. For those that need a little bit of a reminder about what club legend O'Loughlin was capable of:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back