Delisted #32: Josh Eyre - Not offered a contract but will trial for SSP rookie spot - 11/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Another day, another poor marking game.

I think he gets demoted to the rookie list imho. An almost player.
Did he play forward or back ?
I do not rate him as a forward but he has shown heaps as a defender. Very mobile and reads the play well. Also has marked it more often.
Being in Sydney bay the Panthers game today I have not seen the game but my opinion after watching his last 5 games where he has played defence is someone will 100% pick him up as a defender. He certainly is not just an almost defender.
You are seriously under rating how much upside he has and how little development he has had .

Did he play forward or back ?
I do not rate him as a forward but he has shown heaps as a defender. Very mobile and reads the play well. Also has marked it more often.
Being in Sydney bay the Panthers game today I have not seen the game but my opinion after watching his last 5 games where he has played defence is someone will 100% pick him up as a defender. He certainly is not just an almost defender.
You are seriously under rating how much upside he has and how little development he has had .
All defence. McBride the second ruck.

I am very impressed with Eyre after today. Not the gun player who comes in as a kid and is "at home" immediately. However, his size and athleticism, along with Reid and Cox mean our backline is very tall and mobile in a couple of years time. Still needs two more pre-seasons in the gym. Hopefully a few games in seniors next year.

The way he was throwing himself at the ball today...

There is a player it reminds me of who I won't name because it will divert the discussion to ridicule, as it should given the standard of footy Eyre is playing. Having said that, the guy I'm thinking of was a punchline to a joke for a long time.

Really have high hopes. He'll grow into that rig and the rest will be all underpants.

The way he was throwing himself at the ball today...

There is a player it reminds me of who I won't name because it will divert the discussion to ridicule, as it should given the standard of footy Eyre is playing. Having said that, the guy I'm thinking of was a punchline to a joke for a long time.

Really have high hopes. He'll grow into that rig and the rest will be all underpants.
Didn’t happen to wear 18 and a different coloured sash did he?

he's closer to delisting than being offered a new contract?

Ok, noted

You've convinced yourself that he is going to be delisted. Take it from someone who knows.

If you're maintaining that view based on the last 2 to 3 months you haven't been watching the games.

Did he look, today, like a 19 year old, 198cm, top 10 percentile AFL athlete who is in danger of being delisted?

You've convinced yourself that he is going to be delisted. Take it from someone who knows.

If you're maintaining that view based on the last 2 to 3 months you haven't been watching the games.

Did he look, today, like a 19 year old, 198cm, top 10 percentile AFL athlete who is in danger of being delisted?
Not convincing myself he will, he is prime candidate to be moved to the rookie list though. Showed very, very fleeting glimpses and that is why people see him as some sort of Joe Daniher lite. When in actual fact, he is a 19 year old who drops more marks than he holds in a position we have an over abundance of players to select.

Not convincing myself he will, he is prime candidate to be moved to the rookie list though. Showed very, very fleeting glimpses and that is why people see him as some sort of Joe Daniher lite. When in actual fact, he is a 19 year old who drops more marks than he holds in a position we have an over abundance of players to select.
The same Daniher you questions after 2 seasons ?
Seriously. You have a massive road block when it comes to KP players.
How many live games have you seen him play down back ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6p36vz.jpg

Interesting to see is another club does a 'Hugh Greenwood' and snare him as a DFA or in either of the drafts.

If you were to ask me what this ‘feels like’ it feels like us running out of list spots and Adelaide stealing Josh Jenkins from us

Would be my guess. They bid on him back in 2020 if I recall correctly.

Norf need KPP players, and with them likely taking 2 smalls first up in the draft can afford to take a punt on someone like him.
I think north would look at other options who have shown a tad more over eyre

It’s a strange decision though. He hasn’t be great but at the same time they just released that are development has been substandard. Wouldn’t you have to give him a year with the new and improved coaching staff to see what he can produce with his athletic profile.

I think north would look at other options who have shown a tad more over eyre

It’s a strange decision though. He hasn’t be great but at the same time they just released that are development has been substandard. Wouldn’t you have to give him a year with the new and improved coaching staff to see what he can produce with his athletic profile.

If it's Eyre vs Munkara who do you keep?

If it's Eyre vs Munkara who do you keep?
Munkara.
Tippa is going on 30 and our only elite small forward.
Tex and Menzie have one game under their belts each
Alwyn is more high HFF/mid
Jayden who knows what he can produce but also has 0 games

At least with KPPs we have Ridley, Laverde, Cox, Reid, Zerk, Weideman, Jones, Stewart & Wright all with decent AFL exposure.

Depending how the draft goes, reckon the Dogs & Tigers may come back for the players they bid on if we don't retain.
Its a shame, as it's too early to delist KPPs imo. They need more time. But we have a few on the list to call on for now and long term.

We’re no gurantee to get munkara, he could end up somewhere else.And munkara is also a spec pick. Has the talent but hardly played and looks to have serious professionalism issues. He’s not a home run.
neither really are
Munkara gives us both ceiling and more of what we don't have.

Thought Eyre was a great prospect for KP, but after taking Cox and Reid, plus with Zerk emerging late last season, depth in that position vs. x-factor of Munkara has me leaning away from Eyre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back