Delisted #32: Josh Eyre - Not offered a contract but will trial for SSP rookie spot - 11/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Keeler is an interesting one as a ruck/Forward
Like Keeler
Have seen Barnett mentioned around the forum.
Really depends how that pick shapes up - do we move it ahead, out or does it stay intact and Davey bid comes later.

warming to the idea of a tall with our second given we'll be going mid and ideally 3x smaller players with the rest of the draft.

VFL spine of Reid - Cox - Bryan - Jones - Keeler/Barnett whilst we use the mature options at AFL level.
decent level of quality investment.

Always disappointing to see top 40 draft picks delisted. Ideally you find winners between 20 & 40.

I wonder if the NGA link drove us to take 2 guys we otherwise wouldn’t have.

Not that I’m seeing a whole heap of talent taken after Eyre in that 2020 draft. McCreery maybe.
I remember we took our time matching Brand. quite a bit of it.
Eyre leading in seemed like a lock for a match. Though once we took Cox and Reid, wonder if we questioned either.

What? Zerk was a top 5 key defender in the VFL for his first 2 years and one of the best intercept marks in the comp.

I'm a fan of Eyre but Zerk was much, much better than him early on.
Gee the defenders in the VFL must have been awful. I remember Riccardi making him look absolutely woeful one day, couldn't believe which one of them was on an AFL list.

Gee the defenders in the VFL must have been awful. I remember Riccardi making him look absolutely woeful one day, couldn't believe which one of them was on an AFL list.
You've picked out one of the two games he was no good in (had another against Peter McEvoy). He was largely excellent against most others, including guys like Jordan Lisle, Sam McLarty, Sam Weideman, Harry McKay.

What? Zerk was a top 5 key defender in the VFL for his first 2 years and one of the best intercept marks in the comp.

I'm a fan of Eyre but Zerk was much, much better than him early on.
Ok, but was a long way off AFL level for a long time. Eyre was given no chance compared.

was a stiff call but once we re-signed Stewart then Tippa made the call to come back, we were a little hemmed in.
Fair enough.
I can't see McKenna getting a spot then.
With the amount of interest, he wouldn't accept a rookie spot.
Hopefully we rookie list Eyre. I hate squeezing out key position players with potential.
Ted Richards killed me watching at the Swans.

Fair enough.
I can't see McKenna getting a spot then.
With the amount of interest, he wouldn't accept a rookie spot.
Hopefully we rookie list Eyre. I hate squeezing out key position players with potential.
Ted Richards killed me watching at the Swans.
wait til the swans play Francis in the right position :p

McKenna would mean we'd probably move 22 out to next year and go with 4, Davey x2 and Munkara if we can get him on as a rookie.
If no Munkara, suspect we give Eyre a lifeline as SSP.

But I don't think we're getting McKenna. Assume he's off to Brisbane, Port or the Saints.

wait til the swans play Francis in the right position :p

McKenna would mean we'd probably move 22 out to next year and go with 4, Davey x2 and Munkara if we can get him on as a rookie.
If no Munkara, suspect we give Eyre a lifeline as SSP.

But I don't think we're getting McKenna. Assume he's off to Brisbane, Port or the Saints.
Ah yeah I see. - Mckenna and evading 22 for Davey bid.

I think Francis playing back alone won't fix all his problems. Hopefully the change will give him happiness and inspiration.
I don't think he was ever going to find that here.
So I won't be disappointed watching him come good elsewhere. Surprised maybe. I never saw the hype from draft year a lot saw.

Ah yeah I see. - Mckenna and evading 22 for Davey bid.

I think Francis playing back alone won't fix all his problems. Hopefully the change will give him happiness and inspiration.
I don't think he was ever going to find that here.
So I won't be disappointed watching him come good elsewhere. Surprised maybe. I never saw the hype from draft year a lot saw.
I was very much a fan. so ill be happy to see him do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back