Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve gone from optimism, to patience, to disappointment, anger, and now loathing.

Just go away already, have some effing shame, some self respect as a player, take the jumper off and piss off.

Mason Wood played 65 games since he was selected with pick 41 in 2012.

An athletic forward from Geelong Falcons, Wood booted 76 goals across his seven year career.

“At his best, Mason was able to have a real impact on games with his ability to take strong marks, and his elite running and endurance allowing him to cover a lot of ground,” Shaw said.

The club thanks all the players for their professionalism.

“We wish all the players the very best with whatever the future holds for them whether it be in football, or another line of work,” Rawlings said.

“All of these guys have been fantastic contributors to our club and this time of year is extremely difficult for everyone.”

A very good talent who played a largely thankless role for most of his career, was wrecked by shitty game plans, and then lost all direction.

I reckon there's a home for you in the AFL somewhere Mason.

Best of luck. :thumbsu:

That game in Adelaide in 2016 on a Thursday night he looked like Carey out there with his presence.
Nothing to show for it 4 years later. Joins Black and Harper as the couldabeenanythings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t house. Sort yourself out.

As for Mason... such a waste. Could have been anything. That 4 goal game against Sydney will always be remembered particularly the last goal.

What could have been. Hopefully he gets another crack at it but I highly doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back