Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't want him kept on the list either but typically you don't dance on the grave this fast.
Your distaste for him is well known but not everyone feels as strongly as you.
That’s fine, and those that choose to can show their respects.

You excited about JMAC flog?
Not excited, but absolutely content with the decision.
why so angry mate? I’m here having a celebratory beer after a long week at work, and getting the good news.... you can’t bring my mood down...

Don’t join BF Mase, whatever ya do.
All class by Mase . God i would love to know One day where & why it went all wrong for him ?! So excited when he got drafted & during some of those games where he ripped sides apart (too & far between) but he had all the makings of a perfectly built AFL player .
What a waste 🥴

All class by Mase . God i would love to know One day where & why it went all wrong for him ?! So excited when he got drafted & during some of those games where he ripped sides apart (too & far between) but he had all the makings of a perfectly built AFL player .
What a waste 🥴
The * game where he got knocked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The word potential keeps jumping out when I think of Mason. Perhaps those games where he performed well were the extraordinary and we over rated his potential. I seem to recall that Scott had him sit in the seconds because there were things he had to learn. I realise he did not have the smoothest run with fitness but I think he had a fair chance to show us what he had to offer.
With reductions in list numbers I can’t see him getting picked up by another club.

The word potential keeps jumping out when I think of Mason. Perhaps those games where he performed well were the extraordinary and we over rated his potential. I seem to recall that Scott had him sit in the seconds because there were things he had to learn. I realise he did not have the smoothest run with fitness but I think he had a fair chance to show us what he had to offer.
With reductions in list numbers I can’t see him getting picked up by another club.
I dunno.

Talented and very good running ability. Not sure he'll played 3rd forward elsewhere though.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was never about his physical talent or his preparation.

The reason why he didn’t make it comes down to his Footy IQ and intensity (post concussion). Despite running his ass off he was too often in the wrong spots.

He was always more suited to playing as an old school Full forward, but you are never going to play that role at his height at AFL.

Not going to get caught up in the effort or application conversation... I did enough of that while he was a listed player.
His farewell message was really good, he lived the dream that so many young kids have in this country.
He should be proud he made it, and I am sure that he will hold really good memories of some match winning performances.
I wish that we were farewelling Mase after a 280 game, AA caliber career... we aren’t, that’s ok.
Good luck Mason, I wish you all the very best.

What a waste 🥴
2016 at the Northern End Docklands v * .
Took an amazing mark in the square and concussed himself.

As a matter of fact it was that game that was the beginning of the start of our decline to where we are today as a Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back