Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see a move down back as being successful. Wood doesn’t seem to have the tools to be a backman. Not great in the air, lacks concentration, inconsistent disposal by foot, not great one on one. Maj was successful because of his ability to intercept mark. Can’t see how this works.

Can’t see a move down back as being successful. Wood doesn’t seem to have the tools to be a backman. Not great in the air, lacks concentration, inconsistent disposal by foot, not great one on one. Maj was successful because of his ability to intercept mark. Can’t see how this works.
He's quite good by foot. He's a terrific athlete.

Footy has changed. He might excel.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

He is great in the air when his confidence is up. Game changing even. Great athlete which should give him the ability to shut down and create. Good foot skills except when shooting on goal (after his first season where he kicked them for everywhere)... I can see it.

There's a lot of people making conclusive comments without knowing how the new coach and strategies are going to impact.

2020 is the season where you sit back and wait for 6-10 rounds of footy before engaging in analysis of players & the team.

There's a lot of people making conclusive comments without knowing how the new coach and strategies are going to impact.

2020 is the season where you sit back and wait for 6-10 rounds of footy before engaging in analysis of players & the team.

People are already locking in round 1 by 100000 points. Lol

Fwds.
Zurharr Larkey Ziebell
Thomas Brown Garner

Wood WING not back.

Stream up and back to use his best quality - endurance running. Play him like Cats/Blicavs used to.

Average but solid mids like Dumont and Tyson can fight it out with Cunners, Higgins, Polec, Anderson, Simpkin, LDU, Ahern (assuming Jabobs not fit, Ziebell to rotate as required).

Thomas may be there depending on his fitness and Dumont may still be ahead of Ahern.

If Wood doesnt play well then fine, we move on but imo Scott never played to his strengths.

Last edited:
Fwds.
Zurharr Larkey Ziebell
Thomas Brown Garner

Wood WING not back.

Stream up and back to use his best quality - endurance running. Play him like Cats/Blicavs used to.

Average but solid mids like Dumont and Tyson can fight it out with Cunners, Higgins, Polec, Anderson, Simpkin, LDU, Ahern (assuming Jabobs not fit, Ziebell to rotate as required).

Thomas may be there depending on his fitness and Dumont may still be ahead of Ahern.

If Wood doesnt play well then fine, we move on but imo Scott never played to his strengths.
Not bad but we certainly need more zip in the forward line.
We need a Rioli or two down there.

Fwds.
Zurharr Larkey Ziebell
Thomas Brown Garner

Wood WING not back.

Not sure I totally agree probably be on my own here though but I thought Scott gave him more than enough chances in many positions but Mason never grabbed them and made any his own.

Not sure I totally agree probably be on my own here though but I thought Scott gave him more than enough chances in many positions but Mason never grabbed them and made any his own.

Fair call and many share.

I believe hard running tall winger is his go.

He simply isn't a contested player (Gaff maybe a bad example but his running is his strongest point)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily for me I don’t really do “analysis” so ....

I’ll be just talking s**t about how awesome everyone looks from about quarter time of the first preseason match;)

Wood needs a new role.

He is not being used to his strengths.

Sure he may fail and I'll say i was wrong.

He isn't a key fwd and our HFF can be a dead zone for any player due to mids to Brown structure.

Isn't my calibre of Shinboner. Too much of a bedwetter. Trade bait. In saying that, to swing him back may be his last shot at proving himself as a contributor instead of a cameo player he has always been.

I respect all posters here outside fake caker.

Wood is better than that.

I'd like to see him under a qualified football coach before writing him off.

Is Rhyce Shaw qualified enough for your liking?

I think that giving Wood too much credit for the ‘cameo’ games he performs well enough in is what I’m referring to.

I recall when he applied an aggressive tackle and went back for second efforts was just ‘phhoah’ stuff of dreams but like I said.. he is a limited player who chooses to go when he feels like it. That’s got cameo written all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back