Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think I could bring myself to be annoyed about it if it eventuated. As a player he simply reeked of needing a fresh start with very few expectations. Whatever good form he might manage to conjure if his career is rescued, I don't think we would have seen it if he simply stayed with us

Not annoyed at him. Just annoyed we couldn't get it to click as I'm still convinced there is a good player there........

But yeah I agree with what you're saying overall. I genuinely thought he would be a gun!

I thought Maj despite age would be the best chance as everyone loves a backup ready made ruck/forward

Wood I thought would be a chance but he’s that awkward third tall role that not a lot of teams use now

Nah I reckon Majak and his body has been through too much.

I'm surprised he even made it back. Full credit to him and his hard work.

Our favorite Facebook page scooping that Mase has signed a deal with the Saints, based on his one time only great preseason.

I wish you luck Mason, but not too much.

I actually hope he makes it.

Just plays crap against us as I don't think we utilised him to his strengths and it ruined his confidence big time.

Way too injury prone. Only going to get worse as he gets older imo

He had a bad run with that, no doubt mate, but I don't think we utilised him well either.

He did a hell of a lot of structural decoy work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a bad run with that, no doubt mate, but I don't think we utilised him well either.

He did a hell of a lot of structural decoy work.

I feel like he kept losing confidence in his body. He never got that back since he got KOd years ago

Most of it, is between his ears. Get his mental confidence back and he may give them some good games (barring injury)

Not annoyed at him. Just annoyed we couldn't get it to click as I'm still convinced there is a good player there........

But yeah I agree with what you're saying overall. I genuinely thought he would be a gun!
HE seemed to string some games together, then knocked himself out trying to take a hangar, never the same since then.

HE seemed to string some games together, then knocked himself out trying to take a hangar, never the same since then.

Oh I agree for sure. Just when he seemed to be a really dangerous option and after that seemed to be so tentative on ground and in the air.

Anyway good luck to him, it's not like he left us so no hard feelings from me at all.

Done well to secure a contract after just 3 weeks of training.

On one hand I hope he does well. On the other I'd be pretty pissed that his breakout year isn't with us. Teased us for 8 seasons.

I hope he does well. Maybe he needed the wind put up him to make him hungry. To much talent to waste.

You have to wonder how closely recruiters watch players from other clubs.

McKernan's game this year against the Saints was as bad as it gets and we picked him up, surely Wood is a better forward option than McKernan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back