Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the timing of all this intriguing.

1: hurts his ankle Sunday and does t come back on

2: goes in for scans on ankle Monday seen limping.

3: nothing to worry about but doesn't train Tuesday

4: media speculate he won't be playing this week over Wednesday and Thursday

5: trains Friday (though didn't see him in any training footage) and does his hammy out for 8

Just seems odd to me

Drummond also shrugged off concerns about exciting big man Mason Wood, who pulled up sore after the Kangaroos' win over Sydney on Sunday.

"I don't think there was anything there," he said.

"It was a couple of guys' first game. The intensity goes through the roof compared to the intraclub so there's a few guys there that would be a little bit sore after their first hit-out.

"Mason is no different so I don't think it's anything serious."

Hmmmmmm

I find the timing of all this intriguing.

1: hurts his ankle Sunday and does t come back on

2: goes in for scans on ankle Monday seen limping.

3: nothing to worry about but doesn't train Tuesday

4: media speculate he won't be playing this week over Wednesday and Thursday

5: trains Friday (though didn't see him in any training footage) and does his hammy out for 8

Just seems odd to me
Bizzare Baffling kind of Odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That hurts.

So who steps up then?...
Garner would be a good replacement:(

We have small ( Rat, Turner, Wags, Anderson ) & tall (Maj, Brown, McKay & Waite) forwards - but not many that can play both as Mason does. Maybe Higgins & Thomas - but they'd be in the team anyway.
I'd like to see Zurhar play, as this might be a position he'd be pushing for? Anyone else who can step up? There's the option of playing Wright up there if he's fit - though he looks better down back.[/QUOTE

With wood and garner out and brown highly doubtful, and depending how McKay goes the rest of the pre season, how about a starting fwd setup of:

Thomas, Waite, Higgins,
Daw, Goldy, Hrovat,

Preuss to ruck, or failing that, play the captain forward, JZ strong overhead and ground level.

So....it looks like we need to find a replacement, someone with the ability to run all day, take a mark, and the ability to do the look ridiculous...

ENTER LOOGIE

007465-hansen.jpg

Obviously not good for him or us but I was also enjoying the fact that there was competition this year for spots. That falls away a fair bit if we can't field a team. No idea where Hansen is at but if he's no really ready they look well and truly prepared to play McKay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back