Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

All I want to see is Taylor Garner and Mason Wood play in the same forwardline together!
Only happened once to date at AFL level, in the game we 'rested' a *load against the Tigers before we met them a week later in the Elim.

Im no expert, but that isnt related to ligaments or anything.

This seems like a pain in the arse, but nothing ominous. [/professional diagnosis]

This, 3 weeks seems pretty conservative, hamstring is good to go, will be back potentially the week after Good Friday.

Hopefully means that the hammy is cherry, cherry, cherry ripe by the time he gets back.

It sucks that he's not playing, but he's signed up and locked away.

Would much rather him not be around in the short term (particularly this year) and have him rolling in the second half of the season.

Higgins had similar thing last year and was out for a long longer than anticipated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins had similar thing last year and was out for a long longer than anticipated?

That was a meniscus similar operation but different area of knee

He'll be right.

Just niggles, not, as MrJoel rightly points out, significant long term issues.

So I'll be OK with this, if indeed he plays in 3 weeks time. However, if he's out for much longer than another 3 weeks then he'd almost need a mini pre-season before he gets going. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Pretty sure Higgins tore his menisicus, which is a completely different injury with different recovery time.

Everyone needs to chill its just a clean out, not a preventable soft tissue injury or a long term contact injury. This doesn't make him injury prone. If anything it will be a good opportunity to further progress his hamstring rehab to make him cherry ripe on return.

There's more panic in this thread than the last 5 minutes of every single quarter that North tries to protect it's lead.

I thought it was a cleanup in his meniscus from an old injury done before.

I am just more concerned he is losing all this fitness.

Oh well hope he gets back on the park asap.

Pretty sure Higgins tore his menisicus, which is a completely different injury with different recovery time.

Everyone needs to chill its just a clean out, not a preventable soft tissue injury or a long term contact injury. This doesn't make him injury prone. If anything it will be a good opportunity to further progress his hamstring rehab to make him cherry ripe on return.

There's more panic in this thread than the last 5 minutes of every single quarter that North tries to protect it's lead.
Like the one Maj had and was full training within a month?

Mason Wood mentioned in this video. 5 minutes in.

17493134_1369120663109075_6330311180231153853_o.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-04/dustys-helmet-lewis-remorse-fyfes-contract

GTFO- that has come from left field!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back