Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd keep playing him till the end of the year. Give him absolutely every opportunity.

If he is still a cat, shop him around. Might save us a first round draft pick if GWS wants him in the Kelly deal.

What is the cat reference? Geelong?

Cats are ballsy as *. Last year my two pet cats fought a 8 or 9 foot tiger snake under the house for 45 minutes, trying to keep it under the house cos we had a new born baby in the house. One of them made the ultimate sacrifice.

i thought match fitness was the issue with him earlier. I have been thinking its heart but there are times when he obviously busts his arse and goes hard so I'm thinking its upstairs a bit. Like the rest of the side.

Last edited:

What is the cat reference? Geelong?

Cats are ballsy as ****. Last year my two pet cats fought a 8 or 9 foot tiger snake under the house for 45 minutes, trying to keep it under the house cos we had a new born baby in the house. One of them made the ultimate sacrifice.

i thought match fitbness was the issue with him earlier. I have been thinking its heart but rthere are times when he obviously busts his arse and goes hard sao I'm thinking its upstairs a bit. Like the rest of the side.

It is a homophobic thing suggesting he's gay/soft.

I believe ... others may know better ... it originated as jail slang.

Weird thing is last year he was taking Carey like marks running back with the flight.

he still does some good things. I think he should have played several games of VFL when he came back just to get into the right frame of mind when he was on the field. He seems to be in the same frame of mind as his first game. Not really back into the swing of things or on top of it. But as you said upthread - signs big deal disappears into obscurity ... like you I hope he doesn't.

This year he has played badly or been unsighted then lifted in the last when the game was on the line. To me if he was soft he wouldn't be doing that sort of thing.

Needs to work harder at the contest, but with that in mind at least he has the ability to get more places on the ground than our other talls.

His his games this year he wasn't targeted in the forward line until the second half, his usage rate needs to go up.

Needs to work harder at the contest, but with that in mind at least he has the ability to get more places on the ground than our other talls.

His his games this year he wasn't targeted in the forward line until the second half, his usage rate needs to go up.
By get to more places on the ground are you referring to when he runs to where the ball will definitely not go? Because he does that better than anyone I've ever seen.

My cat Geoffery has been cornered several times by my 3 Maremma dogs, he knows he is outgunned, somehow he manages to get away. When there is only 1 of them he looks at them with disdain and goes on with his business. Several times he has had to clear his own path and its quite funny to see a full grown Maremma give a cat a wide berth. He also has the highest kill rate on the farm, and I liken him to Darth Vader - when Geoffery walks into the shearing shed, it gets a little darker and all you can her is the scurrying of rodents!

My cat Geoffery has been cornered several times by my 3 Maremma dogs, he knows he is outgunned, somehow he manages to get away. When there is only 1 of them he looks at them with disdain and goes on with his business. Several times he has had to clear his own path and its quite funny to see a full grown Maremma give a cat a wide berth. He also has the highest kill rate on the farm, and I liken him to Darth Vader - when Geoffery walks into the shearing shed, it gets a little darker and all you can her is the scurrying of rodents!
Geoffery is a quality name for a cat. rickety

We had a foot long (if that) tiny cat that backflipped onto my mates pig dog and ripped its ears to shreds and nearly blinded him. She left the pig dog whimpering under my mates car cos it had dared to come into our yard while her kittens were at the front door.

She was hardcore tho.

She used to teach her kids martial arts.

She'd sit and watch them spar then get irritated, go in and show them exactly the right technique or place to move then go sit and watch them again. This would go on till they got it right! It was exactly like watching humans do one on one instruction.

You should write children books. Seems the new gen are becoming a little soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the biggest Cat I have ever seen wear our jumper. Runs hard to get out of the way, the only time he exerts effort is when he thinks that he might accidentally get involved in the play. I watched him closely all game.... and I'm embarrassed that our player with probably the most talent has the smallest heart. A lazy, pathetic performance. If he isn't dropped, I'm not going next week, in fact I'll not attend the game at the Gold Coast that I'm flying up for. Putrid, weak as piss, cat...
LOL. Is this the same Philyroo who wanks on about how much he loves the club? Turn it up! So you're not going next week if Wood plays? LOL. What sort of a supporter are yah? If Mason does play next week I expect to see some criticism from your good self levelled at Scotts. :stern look

LOL. Is this the same Philyroo who wanks on about how much he loves the club? Turn it up! So you're not going next week if Wood plays? LOL. What sort of a supporter are yah? If Mason does play next week I expect to see some criticism from your good self levelled at Scotts. :stern look
Yep that's me... just kickin it at home wankin on.
I'm serious, won't be there.
Flying to Gold Coast next week, and won't go.
I will criticise Brad if he doesn't drop Mason.. fully expect him to be dropped though.

Yep that's me... just kickin it at home wankin on.
I'm serious, won't be there.
Flying to Gold Coast next week, and won't go.
I will criticise Brad if he doesn't drop Mason.. fully expect him to be dropped though.
If Wood is dropped , how many others should be dropped before him?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

He's been ordinary, but **** me so would if I was a forward in our team.
As a forward he makes our delivery infinitely worse. He ran away from hot spots with break neck speed. I actually saw him mid lead bail out and run to the bench to avoid possible contact.

Wood had 15 touches. 6 more than Waite and 7 more than Brown. Sure he soft cocked it on a couple of occasions but he was no where near as bad as that Ironstein Pillyroos reckons. To suggest that Wood had put in "the worst performance" he had seen in his life when Andersons hadn't had a touch up until half time, equally soft cocked it on occasions and fumbled his way around in a far more putrid performance, in the same game mind you, gives us an insight into Philyroos line of thinking. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back