Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

I do get it. Two years ago he came in and put a few soft efforts in. I remember him ghosting behind a pack like you do at training (as if to say "in a game i would have crash the pack but it's training and i don't want to hurt myself"). He did the same against freo and i remember philly losing his mind then.

In saying that last year he improved. He KO'd himself running back in archer-like fashion and injured his MCL delivering a great tackle on will schofield at West Coast.

I get the apprehension. He's probably sitting there thinking "I've got all the skill but i've had a horrid run of injuring throughout my career. Should i ease off and pick my battles until i get some continuation in my game?!"

It would be a hard decision because it impacts his earnings and a career in football is a short one. The issue is you can't do that. I'm sure he knows that and I'm sure Brad and co would have tapped him on the back on Friday night and said "no more of that soft stuff. If you don't pull your finger out Phillyroo won't watch us again until we drop you"

I just watched the first quarter replay and he was alright. Was in contests and won the ball a bit. Put his body on the line a few times. there was maybe one situation he could have gone harder but it was hard to tell if he was really in a position to. He was one of out better players on the replay (1st quarter) but the trouble with a replay is what you miss. The first quarter was pretty good actually. straight kicking and Hansen making 2 less errors and we would have been in front. Its always something tho, which is annoying.

He also has been average at Etihad Stadium this year in comparison to the other grounds. I think it is because he plays more as a traditional CHF which for what every reason is harder to do at Etihad, I think because of the lack of space. We need to play him on the wing possibly. When he played in Perth, Tasmania & MCG, he was far more effective.

MW certainly a worry - just hasn't come back with anything near his form of last year.

We have to hope this isn't Aaron Black Mark 2 - surely not?

I haven't given up on him yet - not by any means - but we would all like to see something better from him.

I think he needs to get on his bike more - work hard up the ground - use his work rate to burn off his opponent - not be so deep in goal.

MW certainly a worry - just hasn't come back with anything near his form of last year.

We have to hope this isn't Aaron Black Mark 2 - surely not?

I haven't given up on him yet - not by any means - but we would all like to see something better from him.

I think he needs to get on his bike more - work hard up the ground - use his work rate to burn off his opponent - not be so deep in goal.
"Work hard" "work rate"
It Mason, the above qualities require effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least He makes score. that's good.
But he needs more strong contest and smart decision.very normal atm. not worth of $500K

Has played what 25 games? We can drop him to the 2s and let him get his confidence up but for mine Id rather he stay in the seniors and get his confidence back there. This is the season to get games into him.

300x300.jpg

Has played what 25 games? We can drop him to the 2s and let him get his confidence up but for mine Id rather he stay in the seniors and get his confidence back there. This is the season to get games into him.
Can he get his confidence back in the Werribee 2's don't want his heartlessness to be contagious to some of our kids in Werribee' ones.

I'm flying to the Gold Coast for next weeks game, for the love of god drop him!!!! Please!!!

Unfortunately I was sitting right near the incident and actually called it a free before the umpires did. He took his eyes off the ball and ran into the Doggies player

Unfortunately I was sitting right near the incident and actually called it a free before the umpires did. He took his eyes off the ball and ran into the Doggies player
Was probably just trying to get as far away from the contest as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back