Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

He is playing in cameos. We just need to keep persisiting. He is still relatively inexperienced.
Fair call. Looked very ordinary at times on Saturday night yet he can look like a superstar in the making at other times. I have faith.

He hurt his knee, twice, in the dying minutes of the Melbourne game. I was surprised to see him front up the next week. I think he is playing without confidence in the stability of his knee and probably should of been rested. There isn't a lot coming from below though to replace him and I think now just have to ride it out.

Has shown enough in glimpses, especially in the wins against Melbourne and Carlton, to indicate he will be very useful in years to come. Had big last quarters in both of those games and helped get us over the line. Had he taken that mark in the dying minutes on Saturday, he'd have done it again.

Just needs games as others have said and 1 or 2 more pre-seasons. Definitely NOT like Aaron Black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that doesn't think Wood was a disgrace on Friday night clearly weren't there. So not only did you not see Wood run and hide, you also are responsible for the media flogs wishing us gone again.

I dont quite understand your aggressive targetting of Wood when you staunchly defend every other player with an iron fist. We have plenty of players who jib a contest like Thompson for example but i never hear you vehemently condemning him. What gives?

I dont quite understand your aggressive targetting of Wood when you staunchly defend every other player with an iron fist. We have plenty of players who jib a contest like Thompson for example but i never hear you vehemently condemning him. What gives?

Consistently defends McMillan as well who never tackles and takes short steps far too frequently than he should.

Consistently defends McMillan as well who never tackles and takes short steps far too frequently than he should.

Like I have said, I have watched North Melbourne avidly my entire life, in that time Mason is clearly the softest, and most unwilling to compete. His talent is off the charts, his desire not so much. If my son played football like Mason did, I would tell him that it's not the right way to play the game, and he is 9.

As for the JMac chat, I have never, ever witnessed his "short steps" and I watch him closer than most.

Like I have said, I have watched North Melbourne avidly my entire life, in that time Mason is clearly the softest, and most unwilling to compete. His talent is off the charts, his desire not so much. If my son played football like Mason did, I would tell him that it's not the right way to play the game, and he is 9.

As for the JMac chat, I have never, ever witnessed his "short steps" and I watch him closer than most.

You are watching McMillan with different coloured glasses then I believe my friend.

I guess your staunch opinions of Wood and much like mine towards McMillan.

You are watching McMillan with different coloured glasses then I believe my friend.

I guess your staunch opinions of Wood and much like mine towards McMillan.
The difference that I see is that JMac puts in 100% effort every game he plays, and has got everything out of his ability. wood puts in maybe 5% on a bad day, and about 30% when he is up and about... and he is 20x more talented than JMac. I'll take the guy that has a go, and doesn't run and hide when it gets tough.

The difference that I see is that JMac puts in 100% effort every game he plays, and has got everything out of his ability. wood puts in maybe 5% on a bad day, and about 30% when he is up and about... and he is 20x more talented than JMac. I'll take the guy that has a go, and doesn't run and hide when it gets tough.

literally a handful of posts below a video of the bloke soaring for a pack mark and landing on his ******* head. Ain't never seen JMac do that tbh. (For the record I like both players)

Feels to me like Mason is a poster boy for the reset. Promising player, fewer than 30 games, has been moved from fringe to regular senior player. That's what they made space to do with the retirements. Of course he isn't peaking every week or building every week like clockwork. But he is learning, and we should have seen enough to have faith. Same with Garner, Turner, Clarke and everyone else getting their opportunities. Just let them grow and give them time.

Feels to me like Mason is a poster boy for the reset. Promising player, fewer than 30 games, has been moved from fringe to regular senior player. That's what they made space to do with the retirements. Of course he isn't peaking every week or building every week like clockwork. But he is learning, and we should have seen enough to have faith. Same with Garner, Turner, Clarke and everyone else getting their opportunities. Just let them grow and give them time.

I get that argument....but have I discussed with you my thoughts on career plateauing such as Atley. Well I think tha

<insert Homer bushes gif >

I wonder how much this:

Has messed with his head and affected his confidence. It might take him the rest of this season to get over it and get his confidence back.

I also would like to know this. I don't think I've seen him fly for pack marks like he did last year. I think the calls of him being soft are harsh, I think it's just a confidence thing. I remember thinking Ben Jacobs was soft and weak at the contest, but with a bit of time he grew into his role.

His misjudgment of the flight of the ball is the issue. He would have clunked at least 4 marks against the Doggies if he had timed it right .
It'll come back to him through more games.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I also would like to know this. I don't think I've seen him fly for pack marks like he did last year. I think the calls of him being soft are harsh, I think it's just a confidence thing. I remember thinking Ben Jacobs was soft and weak at the contest, but with a bit of time he grew into his role.

He hasn't played many games since that happened. I'm hoping it'll come.

His misjudgment of the flight of the ball is the issue. He would have clunked at least 4 marks against the Doggies if he had timed it right .
It'll come back to him through more games.

I've noticed that a couple of times tho not so much this weekend just gone. I reckon that might be a side effect of the confidence issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back