Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down little fella.

You seem to be the little one with her knickers in a twist.
Yeah we would love everyone to go in as hard a ziebs but that isn't how all players roll.
Wood has some qualities that are above average and sometimes these players get extra leeway.

The thing I don't get is - you support Lindsay and Brad to the hilt but give it to a young guy.

The thing I don't get is - you support Lindsay and Brad to the hilt but give it to a young guy.
Mate if you ever "Effing did it" with a Crazy Chick you'd soon get it. That s**t messes with your mind so take it easy on poor old Phil. :stern look

Mate if you ever "Effing did it" with a Crazy Chick you'd soon get it. That s**t messes with your mind so take it easy on poor old Phil. :stern look
Wait.... there are some out there that aren't crazy???

What do these 2 do that the other doesn't?
They give 100% effort every day. LT loves the club more than any player I've seen except for maybe Arch. Brad, I believe has bought in 100% to the culture and history of our club. He is invested in every damn second. Wood is disinterested, and has ran from any contact multiple times. I actually thought he was better at the GC, but even then I saw 2 times from the stands him take the soft option when it was his turn to go.

You are overstating his disinterest but I get what you mean.

I still think he ranks #1 on our list for 'ceiling'.

This is Wood's first season with a decent run, injury-free (until now), in the senior team. I think some expectations are a little high.

Just hope his setback is minor and he can get back and keep learning.

This is Wood's first season with a decent run, injury-free (until now), in the senior team. I think some expectations are a little high.

Just hope his setback is minor and he can get back and keep learning.
Yeah, i said he was the next Carey.

I still think he's one good preseason away! Keep the faith!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do these 2 do that the other doesn't?
They give 100% effort every day. LT loves the club more than any player I've seen except for maybe Arch. Brad, I believe has bought in 100% to the culture and history of our club. He is invested in every damn second. Wood is disinterested, and has ran from any contact multiple times. I actually thought he was better at the GC, but even then I saw 2 times from the stands him take the soft option when it was his turn to go.
That's crap. You're forgetting how soft and lazy Thomas was half the time.

Brad has bought in to our culture 100%??? Except for the Shinboner stuff and turning us into a soft lazy unaccountable side.

That's crap. You're forgetting how soft and lazy Thomas was half the time.

Brad has bought in to our culture 100%??? Except for the Shinboner stuff and turning us into a soft lazy unaccountable side.
It's the irresistible force paradox on the North board.

You vs. Philly. Both unyielding!

I just realised the name 'Mason Wood' is intrinsically a contradiction.
I think it highlights his flexibility.

He's cool, resistant to heat when the pressure is on, and moisture (good in the wet). Yet he has a warmth to him and can be beautiful when he's in full flight on the field.

Unfortunately wood can show some wear and tear but he's not the finished product. Once his edges are sanded and we put in the required time he will be the perfect choice for our forward home. We should get 10 more years out of him before he needs replacing.

So the both of you should be the best two to guage the 'Mason Apathy Barometer' (MAB) (not to be confused with the LLB Laconic Lochie Barometer or GOB Gibbo Out of bounds Barometer ) at the game?
He might actually sit near philly so we could see something interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back