Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else see something similar with the development of Aaron Black? Looked like he would be a very good player but did not develop. I suspect his shoulder injury was a bigger setback that first thought, but Mason just has not improved as most of us expected. So whats next? Is he just not as good as we thought or still a work in progress?

Good game (again). How's the commentators giving him s**t for passing the ball. I call that smart play given before tonight he couldn't kick a set shot with his life on the line.

Unless he's not s**t scared to kick a goal or at the very least develop leading patterns that doesn't screw up the other forwards he can enjoy Rat's company in the twos.

With BBB and Larkey we don't need him cluttering space

His kicking action is currently creating too much left to right drift so he is very reluctant to kick at goal from that side of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i really hate it when players nail an open forward 20m out directly in front.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Larkey took a contested mark. Lucky. If a forward cannot convert from 30 out on the slightest of angles he shouldn't be on the ground. We all know Wood's confidence is down but sorry - that was poor. As I said, I am a fan and reckon he offers plenty of hope. But that looked bad.

Game was ok. His pass off when 30 out was embarrassing. Certainly better this week. I just hope he can continue to gain confidence and develop. The talent is there.

That was a unfair criticism from Carey, just being critical for the sake of it.

I thought his effort was good last night and it annoys me that I even mention it because effort should be a non negotiable.

Larkey took a contested mark. Lucky. If a forward cannot convert from 30 out on the slightest of angles he shouldn't be on the ground. We all know Wood's confidence is down but sorry - that was poor. As I said, I am a fan and reckon he offers plenty of hope. But that looked bad.

There goes our forward line.

Contested? You are kidding. Lace out on the chest. Good football.

Contested? You are kidding. Lace out on the chest. Good football.

Lets agree to disagree. Good pass, sure. Not the question. Late arrival almost spoiled. The need to do it is my biggest worry. Good forwards don't pass off from 30 metres. Just demonstrates a real weakness he needs to work on. Overall, a good game.

Lets agree to disagree. Good pass, sure. Not the question. Late arrival almost spoiled. The need to do it is my biggest worry. Good forwards don't pass off from 30 metres. Just demonstrates a real weakness he needs to work on. Overall, a good game.
Look, if his confidence is down and he can hit someone lace out, I'm all for it. He can build his confidence by circumventing his goal kicking. The goals will come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back