(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
If they played the same positions I agree!
Wood would be twice as good as Macmillan if he was allowed to float around on his own and avoid contact like Jamie.

Chuck in the occasional point, shank, sidestep contests and turnover.

I can't believe we are going to trade him without seeing him on a wing or at half back.

Pathetic North. No wonder we have been shit for 20 years.

ozzyoslo

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2008
Oslo, Norway
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not ever going to call Mason a squib - I've seen him go running back with the flight just as hard as Carey.

And this element of the game - the ground ball forward line lock in stuff - isn't about "guts" at all.

It is about who is better at what. Taylor's a got a lower centre of gravity and a stronger core. he's also being very obviously instructed to do this in a forward line.

That stuff isn't Mason's go at all.

I like watching Mase in full flight and will bear him no ill will if he finds success at another club (as just as not against us in final etc etc)
I think most of the time its instruction - its evident at times that players are instructed to stay outside of the contest.
Some other players have a licence to do both.

roojor

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was wondering if this is the wake up call that Mason needs and that we will not trade him unless we get papley. Who is leading the swans goal kicking, we haven't traded many players that have been successful at other clubs of late .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Themanbun

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the rumours posted here are true and Mason was pressured into training through niggles, then I wouldn't be surprised if his manager has told him to look for another club.

DarkPhoenix

Cont-Roo-Versial
May 26, 2009
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
ManCity, Cardinals, Avalanche
If the rumours posted here are true and Mason was pressured into training through niggles, then I wouldn't be surprised if his manager has told him to look for another club.
Maybe, but theres a difference between taking it easy after informing coaches and doctors of an issue and avoiding training like Wells would when he wasn't 100%

Theres two ways to look at "Pressured to train".

1. The coaches were being unreasonable.
2. Mason is being a soft cock and rightly called out on it.

I know which is more likely based on past history

The acurate one

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Garner, Zurhaar, TT, those three will hit the midfield sooner than later all things being equal. eg Zurhaar goes in Ziebell comes out.

It's fairly clear to me what we're trying to achieve.

Few people are going to be embarrassed when they realise Papley is a poor man's Lindsay Thomas.
I'm not suggesting Papley is the answer and that i watch Sydney games, so i can only go on his 2019 stats in a poor side, 324 disposals, 101 marks, 60 tackles and 35 goals. Reckon he's an upgrade on any current small forwards we have. Are we even sure we've got him?

Themanbun

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe, but theres a difference between taking it easy after informing coaches and doctors of an issue and avoiding training like Wells would when he wasn't 100%

You're quite possibly right.

But, knowing this industry, there's a reason lots of duty of care risk management stuff is creeping into clubs.

Plenty of blokes complain of soreness or not feeling right, get forced to push through it and called a soft****, then end up pinging a serious injury soon after.

I'm not as in the know as some, but even medicos in this industry can be in dispute as to whether a player is right to train or not.

We will wait and see. If he goes, I just hope we get fair value.

The acurate one

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Using the new BF % model option 2 is 487% more likely than option 1. option 1 is 115%

Top Bottom