Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the huge disappointment with mase is Sydney were after him a couple seasons ago and we mightve gotten something for him. Now. We'd be lucky to get a can of coke for him
2016 signed the four year deal before the mid season bye.
He was the fourth banana and doing well.
Lured Joyce’s in with his form and Sydney too as they were challenging for a flag and knew they were gonna lose Mitchell.

Fast forward to 2019 and not even Freo would take him for half price

I counted 15 the other day not including Kayne Turner, Matt MacGuiness and Maj. Independent of contracts tho.

However I don't think they are all sh*t. If some of them - Jacobs, EVW and Garner for instance - came good injury wise they'd stay. (Can't see it happening tho, maybe for Garns if he gets a run at it at the end of this season. He is a great ball winner.) Others would still be depth too, you can't delist that many players at once anyway.

Just want to point out Maj would have had more games if he wasn't dropped for unfathomable reasons after he played good games too. It was like he'd get it together and play well and that would be a signal to drop him.

He's probably not the only one. Some of those guys never got a good run at it.

Crikey 15!! wow, I thought I went hard at 12. And yes we won't cut that deep, but sheesh cannot see us offering new deals to those 12 over the coming two seasons.

You care to name them? lol

yeah come on , dont fire me up over Maj buddy. You know I'm on edge regarding his treatment :p

Crikey 15!! wow, I thought I went hard at 12. And yes we won't cut that deep, but sheesh cannot see us offering new deals to those 12 over the coming two seasons.

yeah come on , dont fire me up over Maj buddy. You know I'm on edge regarding his treatment :p

Yeah, I’m down with 15. I’m including the perennially injured though.

As you said, we’re not cutting that deep in one hit. It’ll take 2-3 years to weed them all out. But there’s some speci talent coming through and we’ll have 2 top 10 draft picks to add to it.

Get to it Mark Finnigan.

I still stubbornly believe something got rooted up during his development phase.

The guy was borderline arrogant in his playing style now taking a shot on the siren looks like the last thing he'd want to do.

Another in a recent line of shipwrecked talents at Arden Street.

I can't remember if I included Turner in that or not.

Garner was in there but honestly last year he was good as the season went on. If he gets a run at it well be glad we kept him. Big if tho.

Don't really want to name them tho. :cool:

I can't remember if I included Turner in that or not.

Garner was in there but honestly last year he was good as the season went on. If he gets a run at it well be glad we kept him. Big if tho.

Don't really want to name them tho. :cool:

LOL weak mate :p- i'll do it for ya.......

Garner ( inj) Jacobs ( inj) Durdin, McKay, Turner, McDonald, Wood, Crocker, Tyson (wtf??) Murphy, MacMillan and Ahern.

I'm suggesting those guys not at North would not make one iota of difference to us being a premiership threat. Some have others that play similar or have similar issues.

Now i wish they were all the best players in the league- why wouldn't I want that? Mcdonald will cause angst, the *er can't kick, therefore you can't FOOTball.

Garner ( inj) Jacobs ( inj) Durdin, McKay, Turner, McDonald, Wood, Crocker, Tyson (wtf??) Murphy, MacMillan and Ahern.

I'm suggesting those guys not at North would not make one iota of difference to us being a premiership threat. Some have others that play similar or have similar issues.

Now i wish they were all the best players in the league- why wouldn't I want that? Mcdonald will cause angst, the f***er can't kick, therefore you can't FOOTball.

Crocker already?

the list isnt miles off, mine might be similar but split over two years - still hope Ahern , Mckay and Murphy could get a better run at it but times not on their side .

Don't like Macdonald on the list but I get it

Now i wish they were all the best players in the league- why wouldn't I want that? Mcdonald will cause angst, the f***er can't kick, therefore you can't FOOTball.
Rather Atley and Pittard go before Luke based on 2020

I'd keep MacDonald and Turner precisely cos the sort of players who will win premierships on the day. Garner as well, if he wasn't injured.

MacMillan is better than he gets credit for but I get it.

I'd add Campbell (can co captain the VFL side), Hosie, Atley to the delist list. EVW if he doesn't get on the park soon. Will Walker too. Even Maj. Tho the three of them have got some ability from what I've seen.

But at the same time re all of them - they are also all good enough to play in GF winning sides these days too. All the lists have a few spuds except one or two.

Less teams and a smaller list of AFL players and I wouldn't say that tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, we have had two games from Xerri and one from Campbell as his replacement and I am pretty sure Wood would have played better than both of them.

Well, we have had two games from Xerri and one from Campbell as his replacement and I am pretty sure Wood would have played better than both of them.
I'm not sure how he'd have done in the slippery conditions. I suspect he'd have struggled and been shitcanned on here again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back