Past Nicholas Graham

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember hearing Andy McKay speak about him when we first drafted him.

Said that he had the best work ethic at the club since Chris Judd. Gone are the days where you get by on talent alone, and Nick Graham is proving that - outperforming arguably more talented players in his own team after a handful of games.

This really pisses me off when I read it. Why wasn't he getting a go if he was such a hard worker? Just so glad Mick Malthouse isn't around to ruin our club anymore.

This really pisses me off when I read it. Why wasn't he getting a go if he was such a hard worker? Just so glad Mick Malthouse isn't around to ruin our club anymore.
It was on one of the episodes of The Blueprint, maybe after Grahams first pre-season.

It truly is a mystery as to why Mick wouldn't play him.

Work ethic - tick
Talent - tick
VFL performances - tick
Attitude - tick

Dead set. Rogers seemed to be able to spot talent where others may not have agreed and going by GWS SOS looks like he knows how to build a balanced list of players. Could have been a really good match up for us.
SOS did so well building that list at GWS. Sure he had a heap of early picks, but that list should play finals pretty consistently for a number of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good short video from Graham about his injury and form on the club's website.

Despite the injury that 5 weeks in the seniors really setup him up for the future.
He's a gun. He seems the type that it doesn't matter what midfield group he's up against, he'll just go about his business and do what he does best.

In this regard he mightn't always stand out a heap or be flashy, but you know he'll be a more than handy member of our midfield.

He's a gun. He seems the type that it doesn't matter what midfield group he's up against, he'll just go about his business and do what he does best.

In this regard he mightn't always stand out a heap or be flashy, but you know he'll be a more than handy member of our midfield.

I'm bullish about Graham as well.

Very high praise indeed. If he develops into half the player Ratten was, I'll be a very happy man.

I'm actually getting a little carried away but I do really rate him and think he has plenty of upside. Has got a bit of the Brett Rattens about him as well as the Robbie Grays, and a touch of the Sam Mitchells as well. Going to be great watching him and the Crippologist grow together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back