Delisted #32: Noah Gown - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Did players do Syndesmosis in the 80's and 90's and just keep playing?

They did an article recently where basically anything in the past diagnosed as a 'high ankle sprain' was a syndesmosis injury, and that the likely reason there's so many this season is the relative lack of conditioning of the players combined with reduced quarter length meaning more high intensity running and some changes to holding the ball meaning ankles being caught in tackles more often.

ant555 has mentioned some stuff about his professionalism in regards to recovery, maybe it's a bit more than that?

Lets just say he is not the sharpest tool in the shed and at times has been well behind what is required as far as preparation goes for AFL footy. Not a thought that has come natural for him. As far as more goes ? anything else I have heard is not confirmed and fits in the rumor box so I will be leaving that alone.

ant555 has mentioned some stuff about his professionalism in regards to recovery, maybe it's a bit more than that?
Yeh pretty much, so doesn't have the right attitude and doesn't act like a professional sportsman. He has I believe 2 strikes to his name already. He's done a couple of other things too that's landed him those strikes.

Yeh pretty much, so doesn't have the right attitude and doesn't act like a professional sportsman. He has I believe 2 strikes to his name already. He's done a couple of other things too that's landed him those strikes.
Look, I don't like to speculate about things like this so forgive me not taking this at face value, but I'll keep an open mind. Would be a shame, he's got some raw talent.
So Noah Gone
Not necessarily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, I don't like to speculate about things like this so forgive me not taking this at face value, but I'll keep an open mind. Would be a shame, he's got some raw talent.

Not necessarily.
Probably should though.

Not necessarily.
Just going by not trying hard in rehab

Seems like a good investment so far.
What investment lol. Two years on the list on minimum draft wages, and one year of that injured so we would've paid his medical bills with the club's health insurance. All of which we'd have had to pay anyway if we'd delisted him last year.

A pick 60 may not work out. Nobody should be surprised.
Third in the TAC cup goalkicking in his U18 year, worth the pick 60 imo. Interesting to know if it's laziness/motivation with rehabbing his injury or actually being a dickhead. We don't tend to bring dickheads in much, but struggling with rehab seems to be a theme (up there with 'needing to rehab injuries' and 'getting injured').

What investment lol. Two years on the list on minimum draft wages, and one year of that injured so we would've paid his medical bills with the club's health insurance. All of which we'd have had to pay anyway if we'd delisted him last year.
There was a time when we would have this type on the list then they could go and be a generational small forward with another club - that's how deep the list batted.

How many spots do we want to have players filling who wont work hard enough or actually play the way we need them to? One? Four? Seven? We have just picked up another 4 last year (i reckon 5 that wont make it but we will see). Mosi was more or less in the same boat over weight problems. Then you have the deadwood thats been around for years.

There were already enough knocks on his actual ability- let alone attitude issues. Meanwhile Riccardi grows up down the street and he's picked up by GWS and playing good AFL football.

At some stage you need to draw the line and leave limited players on the shelf.

I can see why we took him. Other than Wilkie I don't see too many players that I'd say "yeah, we probably should have taken them instead" and even Wilkie would have been like "Oh, another tall defender. Great." sort of thing.

As for the bleating about Riccardi, there were nearly 300 blokes picked before him over his draft years. He kicked 17 goals in the VFL last year, which isn't world beating by any means but you take that from a raw KPP that you took with pick 60.

It would be a shame to be delisted without having played a senior game, but from what I've seen he just looks like a good country footballer. Don't think he'll ever be good enough to be better than ordinary tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back