Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Jackson was skinny in his first year. Should have been delisted.

I am a fan of him as a player and think he has a lot of potential to not only be one of our main rucks, but a star ruckman of the competition. He has a while to go, but I’m quite bullish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe this guy will be a serious player for us in a couple of years… has ability and more importantly serious mongrel.
He is huge, has skills and he moves like a midfielder. There's nothing not to like about Samson. Mobility wise he makes CCJ look like the Statue of Liberty.

CJ was well behind Samson in his first year. We deliberately didn't play CJ much to keep him in the gym, from memory.
yep ryan just gotta keep on improving , had a terrific first year with several multi goal games , and plenty of good marks . would like to see him get some upper body strength before next season

reckon samson compares pretty well to ccj first year at vfl , recall watching a game at box hill back then and nothing much caught my eye

Big Sam is only roughly 16 months younger than Coleman-Jones. So in Ryan’s first year with us he is actually older than CCJ was in his second year, 2019, when he was decent in our VFL flag. In fact when Ryan played his first VFL game for us, he was older than Coleman-Jones was in that 2019 VFL Grand Final.

It has been reported the club is trying hard to keep Coleman-Jones and I think that is the right thing to do. Having said that I think Ryan looks a terrific prospect, but remains multiple years away from being able to compete well with AFL rucks and key position players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back