32. Simon Tunbridge (2012 - 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll summarize his season so far.

Tunbridge was suspended in a WAFL preseason match, and with a bye in round 2 that meant he didn't debut until round 5.

Rnd 5: Reserves - 17D, 15K, 2H, 7M, 2T, 1.0G

In the same round Brant Colledge broke his jaw playing league and Tunbridge was elevated to the league side which was unfortunately two weeks later thanks to Perth's second bye. He had an outstanding game presenting well, kicking goals from both contested and uncontested marks and from loose ball gets.

Rnd 7: League - 14D, 14K, 0H, 11M, 3T, 4.3G

Unfortunately Tunbridge dislocated his finger early in the second quarter and missed round 8. Thanks to the state game hasn't played since.

Looking forward to his return and him playing some consistent football alongside McInnes and Colledge.

Shock debut for Tunbridge tonight. He'll become the 211th West Coast Eagles player to represent the club, the 23rd (I think) to come off the rookie list and get a game, and just the 3rd player to wear the #46 jumper behind Trent Carroll and Jarrod Schofield. [/randomstats]

Would love to see Tunners get a full game next week to show his wears.. it's a bit unfair to judge him on one small 'cameo' appearance against the Dons.

should be promoted to senior list next year - will add an extra marking power in forward line as well as excellent defensive pressure.

ueey.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add the same goals from Youtube for ease of access.

In spite of an interrupted 2013. Tunners has found his way onto the senior list and managed to snag #32 following Embley's retirement. With any luck he'll rejoin the main group soon and have an un-interrupted run into 2014.

Tunbridge has started 2014 much like he started 2013. He had solid preseason even if he had a restricted work load due to rehab early on. He starred in the Intra-club hit out kicking three goals and turning heads with impressive stints on ball.

He was forced out of NAB Challenge with a slight hamstring strain and was thus forced to unexpectedly debut for East Perth in round 1. Where he played no more 1.5 quarters after he broke his nose in the second term. No doubt following through with one of his trademark tackles or hits. He finished with 7 disposals and 2 disposals in an intense burst.

He was then subsequently absent from East Perths round two clash against Swan Districts with that broken nose. I hope to see him named to play this weekend against South Fremantle where he can stitch together a full game together and show just how awesome is.

Just wondering if Simon is still contracted?

If not do you think he will be delisted?

Despite the silence of the last year, Tunbridge indeed returned to our list in 2016 (again as a rookie) and basically did everything this year.

By everything, I mean he managed to spread his time between a variety of activities... with the Royals, being injured, in the Royal's reserves, in the seniors, and on the sidelines again suspended.

He caught the attention of the selectors with some consistent footy between round 15-18 playing half-forward for the Royals. Will never be a high possession winner, but again he showed what he can do when he took marks on the lead, hit the scoreboard, and just generally made opposition players s**t their pants with his intent. Gave away almost 2 frees a game in league wafl, which is a good indication of what a campaigner this champ is.

He looked like playing his best game for the club after a nice second quarter against GWS in round 21. But true to form, he injured himself after half-time; also getting himself suspended twice for a strike behind play and a (somewhat debatable) dangerous tackle.

Like his whole career, shithouse timing for a bloke sorely needed against the Dogs in the poor elimination final showing that I've already forgotten and gotten over stop talking about it. Still his best year to date in the AFL playing three full senior games (not affected by sub vest, but still only avg around 66% TOG), and ultimately showing just enough to earn one last chance.

2017 is literally a make or break year for Tunners: he either makes something of the genuine talent and toughness he has shown, or his body breaks down again and for the last time. Reckon he'll surprise a few people and play a decent number of games.

2017 is literally a make or break year for Tunners: he either makes something of the genuine talent and toughness he has shown, or his body breaks down again and for the last time. Reckon he'll surprise a few people and play a decent number of games.

Welp, there we go. Looks like I could be wrong if he doesn't even make it to 2017. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-12/another-eagle-goes-down-with-acl-injury

He will have a very impressive injury list to compile, which I'll come back to after I've had time to process it all.

h59VExO.jpg

Some official club media on Tunner's revolutionary hybrid-LARS knee reco that will have him destroying kents in the WAFL in no time:

Dec 13, 2016: Eagles to consider LARS option for Tunbridge
Dec 20, 2016: Tunbridge on the mend following surgery
Jan 30, 2017: Tunbridge progressing well from hybrid-LARS knee reconstruction (club injury report vid)
Feb 13, 2017: Tunbridge making strides (vid on his rehab)

Already rid of the brace, running straight lines and workin' the stationary ball movement drills every time they need someone to show everyone else how it's done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back