Player Watch #32: Tom Sparrow – in until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong thread...

Looks a player. I like what i saw. 14 touches, a goal and most importantly 3 tackles. Might not seem like a lot, but that's more tackles than half of his more experienced team mates. Has the body shape of an AFL player too. I think he's more suited to an inside mid role, but he looked ok in the forwardline..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of him, will be interesting how he progresses this year but i have s good feeling about his career.

I like the look of him, will be interesting how he progresses this year but i have s good feeling about his career.

May as well sign him up for Centrelink now. Why don't you suggest the board sponsor him so we can be rid of him sharpish?

Fair call, i guess i did also like the look of the Toump early on.
I quite liked Rohan Bail for some reason. No idea why. Can’t even picture his face now. Was he devastatingly good looking or something? Because otherwise I can’t explain it.

I quite liked Rohan Bail for some reason. No idea why. Can’t even picture his face now. Was he devastatingly good looking or something? Because otherwise I can’t explain it.

I sometimes wonder if blokes like Bail an Matt Jones would have played more footy if they were drafted today.

Like flipside guys like ANB an Harmes would have looked horrible in those Melbourne sides an probably would have lost all confidence

I have no doubt there were some players that could have made it if they were under a different system. Then there's some players that were always going to be a dud like Toumpas or morton if you go further back. Now that I think about it Neville Jetta is a great example. His career looked dead under Neeld, but Roosey resurrected him and now he's one of our best players.

I have no doubt there were some players that could have made it if they were under a different system. Then there's some players that were always going to be a dud like Toumpas or morton if you go further back. Now that I think about it Neville Jetta is a great example. His career looked dead under Neeld, but Roosey resurrected him and now he's one of our best players.
I dunno man everyone kicks Morton because of that Lade vision but he looked every bit a star early on. He had some ripping games.

Averaged 18 disposals an kicked 12 goals from 19 games as an 18 year old.
Then averaged 23 disposals again 2nd season

Last edited:
I dunno man everyone kicks Morton because of that Lade vision but he looked every bit a star early on. He had some ripping games.

I was probably a bit harsh on Morton. I guess the reason I looped him in with toumpas was they both returned to their home states to play in better systems and didn't look any better.

Bailey wasn't the greatest coach but in retrospect he did get some good results out of an average list.

I was probably a bit harsh on Morton. I guess the reason I looped him in with toumpas was they both returned to their home states to play in better systems and didn't look any better.

Bailey wasn't the greatest coach but in retrospect he did get some good results out of an average list.

I think it's often too late for those types of players once their confidence is shattered

Yeah big fan of early days Morton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back