Player Watch 32 Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious?
We were in 2 minds whether to Pick Scharenberg or Aish.
Aish went pick after Scharenberg.

I gave you an example that it can be likely...........calm down mate unless you are Derek Hine! In that case I apologise.

Are you serious?
We were in 2 minds whether to Pick Scharenberg or Aish.
Aish went pick after Scharenberg.
How do you know our draft board didn't say:

Jordan deGoey
Peter Wright
Insert other players here

The club did not rate Wright in the draft and you think they will now go after him?
Highly unlikely mate.
I have no problems with Cloke staying for another 3-4 years let alone just one year.
What the other posters said. Perhaps we wanted both in the draft and opted for De Goey.

Or perhaps his 2016 season, in which he had a goal tally higher than any player on our list, has shown that we underestimated him.

Or perhaps the likely unexpected departure of Cloke has forced the club to re-evaluate our KPF stocks. Need I go on?

Tom Lynch while Contracted until 2018, is worth putting the yards into now. Proven KF and a guy worth plenty of debate.

Launch a Jono Brown type attempt in a couple of years. 2 more lean years from GC could see a change of heart from him, even though I think he's a good chance to captain that club next year.

No tweeners thanks. Kepler Bradley, James Sellar, Josh Fraser. Pass.

Tom Lynch while Contracted until 2018, is worth putting the yards into now. Proven KF and a guy worth plenty of debate.

Launch a Jono Brown type attempt in a couple of years. 2 more lean years from GC could see a change of heart from him, even though I think he's a good chance to captain that club next year.

No tweeners thanks. Kepler Bradley, James Sellar, Josh Fraser. Pass.

Would almost destroy GC to lose him, I think he stays becomes captain and your Pavlich type for the next decade.

if we can negotiate a pay deal for Travis that is fair for both parties (i.e. a lot less than he's on now but not exactly minimum wage) then we must keep him unless there's a like for like player we can bring in to replace him. Given experienced big bodied key forwards don't grow on trees I think it's unlikely we would be able to find anyone else this trade period.
We have virtually no depth in our key forwards so it would be negligent list management to trade him without an insurance policy in place.
Fingers crossed he can put in a big one this week and show us he still has a future with the pies.

if we can negotiate a pay deal for Travis that is fair for both parties (i.e. a lot less than he's on now but not exactly minimum wage) then we must keep him unless there's a like for like player we can bring in to replace him. Given experienced big bodied key forwards don't grow on trees I think it's unlikely we would be able to find anyone else this trade period.
We have virtually no depth in our key forwards so it would be negligent list management to trade him without an insurance policy in place.
Fingers crossed he can put in a big one this week and show us he still has a future with the pies.
We don't have to re negotiate anything. From our point of view Cloke either stays next season on the terms of his last year of his current contract or he asks for a trade.

We shouldn't even be talking about contracts with Travis and his management till this time next year.

I'd be happy to keep him on what is rumoured to be his final year of his deal. Roughly 400k with performance based incentives on top of that. Seems fair. But it would be a mistake on our part to add on an extra year yet.

We don't have to re negotiate anything. From our point of view Cloke either stays next season on the terms of his last year of his current contract or he asks for a trade.

We shouldn't even be talking about contracts with Travis and his management till this time next year.

I'd be happy to keep him on what is rumoured to be his final year of his deal. Roughly 400k with performance based incentives on top of that. Seems fair. But it would be a mistake on our part to add on an extra year yet.

apologies, thought his contract finished at the end of this season.

apologies, thought his contract finished at the end of this season.
No worries, just seen it mentioned a few times that David Cloke and Travs management are trying to re negotiate a new deal.

Just don't see any up side for us in doing that.

No worries, just seen it mentioned a few times that David Cloke and Travs management are trying to re negotiate a new deal.

One year deal. After he performs next year. David knows no one else will pick up Cloke on an extended contract so I don't blame him for trying to milk another two years out of us

Fingers crossed he can put in a big one this week and show us he still has a uture with the pies.
It would definitely be best if he could rediscover, say, 80% of his best.
The mooted 2nd rounder from WB is gonna be about pick 30 odd...

Theres no upside to trading him. What happens if Moore does a hammy? Who comes in or who plays.

White and Moore? pfft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would definitely be best if he could rediscover, say, 80% of his best.
The mooted 2nd rounder from WB is gonna be about pick 30 odd...
It's all in his head. I don't think the game has passed him by.

Well here's hoping the Dogs go out first round.

Liked Cloke's play today. Showed enough to suggest that if he puts in the work through the preseason that he can get back to being productive again at AFL level.

Would look to extend his contract up until the end of 2018 to ensure he is not lost as a free agent at the end of 2017.

We still need him. It's that simple.

We still need him. It's that simple.
If we have Elliott and Fasolo fit, along with Moore and White, I think that's plenty of marking targets and all of them are infinitely better users of the ball. Add in DeGoey or Aish as half-forwards and we're looking better still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back