Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the memories Trav.

He's still got a lot in the tank & I can see him realising his potential once he's given a stable spot in his new team.
Wish him all the best & really hope he does a 'Melksham".

See ya Trav. He gave his all to the club through a tough time. Shame really because he was coming good before it all cracked. Hopefully it turns out well for him in Freo. Just the sort of honest player with speed that I can see Lyon having a specific role for and getting the most out of.

Nick is still weak
Upper body wise. I wonder if he has fixed the issues both he and his brother had playing up here liked to party harder than Tom
Liberatore

At least he's not old fat and slow.

See ya Trav. He gave his all to the club through a tough time. Shame really because he was coming good before it all cracked. Hopefully it turns out well for him in Freo. Just the sort of honest player with speed that I can see Lyon having a specific role for and getting the most out of.

At least he's not old fat and slow.
Hope he makes it but apart from his speed is still slow with decision making as he still doesn’t expect to get caught . He has been that way since juniors

Nick is still weak
Upper body wise. I wonder if he has fixed the issues both he and his brother had playing up here liked to party harder than Tom
Liberatore

Doesn’t need it, wouldn’t be playing the midfield role at afl level. Half forward, goal side of the stoppage. Still can hold a tackle despite lack of size.

He was one of the players that really got affected by the ban.
If you look at his stats for the 2 seasons prior to the ban he averaged nearly a goal a game and seemed to handle the ball better and used his pace well. This season he only got picked for 8 games and they were kinda sad to watch - he was really fumbly, and seemed to get caught with the ball a lot...

2014/2015 season averages: 23 games, possessions: 16.5, goals: 0.78, tackles: 2.56, marks: 4.21
2018 averages: 8 games, possessions: 13.4, goals: 0.2, tackles: 2, marks: 3.9

Hope for his sake he can rewind the clock back to 2014/2015 at Freo and wish him all the best, but not sad to see him go.

We won 8 of our last 9 with him, I think I read.
Against St.Kilda - round 5 2015 - was the infamous Carlisle "this club is ****ed" game. Ess 82 - St.K 80.

Trav, with a bung ankle, kicked the winning goal after taking the ball on the wing and burning off a few defenders.

Memorable for me, as I was beside the bench, Joe was subbed off and there was unrest with each change of player as we managed a few sore bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against St.Kilda - round 5 2015 - was the infamous Carlisle "this club is ******" game. Ess 82 - St.K 80.

Trav, with a bung ankle, kicked the winning goal after taking the ball on the wing and burning off a few defenders.

Memorable for me, as I was beside the bench, Joe was subbed off and there was unrest with each change of player as we managed a few sore bodies.
Wasn’t the Adelaide game the infamous one?

Wasn’t the Adelaide game the infamous one?
Maybe he had two?
He definitely said it when he came off the ground, when St.Kilda kicked clear in this game as well. Ses was telling him to calm down on the bench, all well within earshot of the front row I was sitting, along withe people 3 rows back who also made comment.

He might have been frustrating, but that's because there was always a spark about the guy that we wanted to see more of. With Trav leaving now both of our initial sponsored players have moved on, along with those from 2012 and 2013. I never went along, but from all reports Trav was a legend on the sponsor nights and was always very appreciative of the support he received. Maybe some who went along can attest to this?

All the best, hope you have a stellar season in 2019, except a nice quiet game in round one would be nice. ;)

Probably not his best moment but my greatest memory of Trav is the 2nd last goal against the Hawks in '15. It was almost as if he was just going through a training drill, got the handball from Chappy and so calmy drilled it from 40 out. It was at that point I though to myself 'This bloke has arrived'. 20 seconds later Hooker kicked his inside out barrel to win the game.

Travy always made an effort with the BF sponsors and recognised us both at sponsors nights and at other functions as well. Top bloke and one of my favourite players. Was "My Boy" in the my boy threads for the last couple of years :oops:

All the best Trav.

You are off to Freo though mate...not the Eagles.
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back