mayhem20202

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Pretty sure he debuted in the same game as melksham, they played their 50 (colyer) and 100 (milkshake) games in the same game as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I've probably been one to criticise Colyer at times that others were praising him but I really liked his game on Saturday. The goals he kicked were very nice and its clear its bloody hard to match up on him when he's on given he's got good endurance and great pace and agility. He's really cleaned up his disposal which used to be a major issue for him and he actually stayed involved through most of the game and found a decent amount of the ball. I think 20+ touches is a good aim for him if he gets decent midfield time. Too often in previous years he was playing on the wing and still getting sub 15 touches which negated some of his good work. It feels like now he's a consistent threat wherever he plays and I don't think his marking has ever been better.

I'm a bit surprised that he's been doing the closest to his best out of the returning players. I figured he'd be the best off fitness wise - because he is one of our best runners but I thought that Heppell, Hurley, Hooker, and maybe Watson would be able to recapture their best a lot quicker because I perceived them as more talented footballers. So far: Heppell has been really good (until Adelaide game where he was probably carrying an injury considering no centre bounce attendances), Hurley is way down on form and confidence, Hooker so-so learning a new role and Watson a bit up and down but mostly decent.

Put him in the guts.
Why? His strength is his speed and now, his disposal is pretty decent too.

Seems like a perfect player to be fed the ball, not one to be feeding it.

Why? His strength is his speed and now, his disposal is pretty decent too.

Seems like a perfect player to be fed the ball, not one to be feeding it.

It's the 2017 equivalent of Walls' "put him in the ruck" :)

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Yikes. Still to big of a gap between his best and worst for a 8th year player.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Geez didn't think he was that bad, still provided a lot of spark

Was poor with his disposal and decision making. (Probably our worst)

Baguley played well in the last quarter after having his colors lowered earlier.
I don't know how we can justify him being in the team still honestly.

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought Trav was actually quite good. Created space, used his pace in particular when going forward and looked dangerous. Yeh disposal wasn't great but with conditions like today disposal was ordinary across the whole game from most players.

Last edited:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Poor game but he's been good this year and was one of our best against Adelaide. Still always running to create. His kicking just let him down today. Also that time when he was one on one with Sidebottom I thought he would do a lot better with the amount of space he had against a player as slow as Sidebottom.

Killer_Mike

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2017
Ghetto Extraordinary
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal,Knicks,Victory
His pace means that even when poor, other teams need to know where he is because two to three damaging runs is all he needs to rip a team to pieces.
Spot on.

His work rate is actually very good and once we get back to the pristine surface of Etihad he will shine!

Today will tell us a lot about this mosquito fleet we have because so far we have played in less than ideal conditions and in my opinion other than the Carlton game have asserted themselves well.

Back