Delisted #33: Brayden "Donny" Ham - not offered another contract - 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

The ghost of Will Hams lives. Has no right being out there, but has tenacity and endeavour in spades.

The ghost of Will Hams lives. Has no right being out there, but has tenacity and endeavour in spades.
Funnily enough I don't think he'll ever dominate the lower level like Willba did, but at the same time more likely to make it.

Covered 14.2km, 3rd highest on the ground.
Average speed of 9.5km/h, highest on the ground.
Top speed of 32km/h, 3rd highest on the ground.
Attacking workrate of 9.4km/h, highest on the ground.

A hell of a lot to like about this kid. Skin and bones yet still played tough footy.

Definitely has some AFL attributes, especially that running ability. Reminds me of when we first saw Redman as a first year player, skinny as can be but you could see elements of impressive decision making. Ham will need to undergo a similar transformation to become a best 22 AFL player. Certainly wouldn't hestitate to call on him again later in the year if we cop a few injuries and need him. Expect him to lose his spot with Smith and Zaka to return but that's no slight on his efforts.

When I attended training in January he looked like he had AFL attributes and I thought he was a chance to play some AFL footy in 2019 - Must say he performed higher than my expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More kicks in 1 game than Bags has had all year. Which means he'll be out this week.
Didn't look out of place, impressive.

Woosha's given him a wrap this morning, made the point tho that he came in for Zacha.

In retrospect it’s a really good, common sense selection. Outside of the 22 I can’t think of anyone else that would have given us that same spread and drive forward, the unfortunate thing for Brayden is that he fumbled a couple of times in the clear with the opportunity to take us forward.

definitely an exciting project player for years ahead. Hope he plays on ANZAC day, if not has shown us he’s capable at senior level.

Commentators said he was a record holding 800m runner who came to footy late. Was a late bloomer. If he's still that small after being a late bloomer he must have been 35kg in under 15s!!!

His run is going to be important for us. Considering the form of Parish and the fact that Myers is the big-bodied mid they want, he and Guelfi are going to have to make way for Zaka and Smith. However, I would love us to pick him as a small forward to get on his bike and help with the linking up midfield play and still sprint forward to provide another option.

I'd like them to play him regularly now. Even though there are definitely players well ahead of him he is going to be a lock for the team very soon. I don't think his running will make that much of an impact at VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back