Delisted #33: Brayden "Donny" Ham - not offered another contract - 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

33 ham.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:
From the little interview pieces I've seen from him, he thinks he can play inside mid. Nothing wrong with adding balance to your game but hopefully hasn't hurt his tank.

AFL app has him as the top player on the ground for distance covered and distance covered at high speed (which I think is greater than 20km/h from memory) no concerns with him losing the ability to run, he’s just sturdier now.

Side note, Cox’s ground coverage stats are seriously impressive for a ruck sized 18 year old.

AFL app has him as the top player on the ground for distance covered and distance covered at high speed (which I think is greater than 20km/h from memory) no concerns with him losing the ability to run, he’s just sturdier now.

Side note, Cox’s ground coverage stats are seriously impressive for a ruck sized 18 year old.
And both had limited impact on the game. We need that work rate to transfer into meaningful possession and not simply a bloke who runs up and down all day. His defence is not too bad but his size hinders that as well as he gets pushed out of a one on one contest or a tackle easily.

Big Slam

Debutant
Aug 9, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
And both had limited impact on the game. We need that work rate to transfer into meaningful possession and not simply a bloke who runs up and down all day. His defence is not too bad but his size hinders that as well as he gets pushed out of a one on one contest or a tackle easily.

He’s essentially Tim Clarke.

A guy who runs real good and......that’s about it.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

Thought his contested work improved a lot last week. Was breaking and making tackles in the first half, just stopped getting to contests.

Thought his contested work improved a lot last week. Was breaking and making tackles in the first half, just stopped getting to contests.
I must be looking at a different game.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
I really don’t see it with him and never have. Others keep talking him up and I try to have an open mind but can’t see why he’s worth the effort. Then I remember we have Cutler and Gleeson getting game time (Gleeson I used to rate) and Cahill playing down back and I realise maybe he’s not the worst of our problems.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I really don’t see it with him and never have. Others keep talking him up and I try to have an open mind but can’t see why he’s worth the effort. Then I remember we have Cutler and Gleeson getting game time (Gleeson I used to rate) and Cahill playing down back and I realise maybe he’s not the worst of our problems.
He’s a more acceptable selection because it’s plausible that he has traits that allow him to play a role. I’m sceptical...but it’s plausible.

It’s not plausible that we continue to select Cutler, Cahill and Gleeson.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
He’s a more acceptable selection because it’s plausible that he has traits that allow him to play a role. I’m sceptical...but it’s plausible.

It’s not plausible that we continue to select Cutler, Cahill and Gleeson.
With Cahill I’m prepared to give him time but don’t see why he is developing in the seniors. He has some footy smarts, get bigger and develop in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget about pies game last year? He was fantastic in that game
Fair play, he was very good in that game too. I erased most of 2020 from my brain

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
What a performance!

Easily his best game for the club. Now to build on it, looks to have developed so quickly.
There was a small bit of play against Hawthkrn where he used his body exceptionally well (think in the 3rd quarter). Had he a bigger body it would’ve been fantastic. He has some tools but really needs to build a bigger body.

Really hope we re-sign him. There's definitely something about this kid that's worth persisting with.
Was reported earlier in the week he’s got a 2 year deal in front of him, club announcement expected in the coming weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back