Delisted #33: Brayden "Donny" Ham - not offered another contract - 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably my favourite game from Ham so far.

My impression was that he really wore the physical heat (which I didn't think he did last week). Not suggesting that he's ever shirked the issue or anything like that but there have clearly been times when it's just been too much for him. He looked comfortable on the ground tonight, like he belonged (not like a talented kid).

The boy can play.

Last edited:
Impressed me last night. You need guys who can run & link up, and if he can improve his kicking, I reckon he is going to have a solid career.

Moves a bit like Isaac Smith, in terms of his ability to cover the ground & link.

Reminds me of when Fantasia first came into the team, and you could almost see his brain ticking over when he got the ball and remembered the coaches instructions to use his pace and take the game on.

Reminds me of when Fantasia first came into the team, and you could almost see his brain ticking over when he got the ball and remembered the coaches instructions to use his pace and take the game on.

Yeh I remember when Raz first played he didn't do much but he had this little mazy run that made me think we have one here, just likes the way he moved

It's similar here with greater early output

Has played some good footy but he looks like he may need a spell. Not surprisingly he has been a bit lost in the physical games.

Has played some good footy but he looks like he may need a spell. Not surprisingly he has been a bit lost in the physical games.
I can understand him coming out for Cutler but I still want to give him as much senior exposure as possible especially in a year like this when he won’t get much out of playing down in silly scratch matches and intra-clubs

I can understand him coming out for Cutler but I still want to give him as much senior exposure as possible especially in a year like this when he won’t get much out of playing down in silly scratch matches and intra-clubs
I think they know what they have. He can play. He now has to build a bit of core strength and keep working the fitness base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought the one thing the kid needs more than experience is 10kg.
Seems to me a year where there's no need to play reserves is the perfect development year in the gym.

I'd like to see this kid make it but he doesn't hurt enough with his disposal like way too many others. Made Cutler look dangerous tonight.

Would be in trouble on most AFL lists you would reckon...

I'd like to see this kid make it but he doesn't hurt enough with his disposal like way too many others. Made Cutler look dangerous tonight.

Would be in trouble on most AFL lists you would reckon...
Would rather ham get games over cutler. Ham just needs another preseason or 2 to build his strength, im more than happy for them to persist with him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back