Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid is apparently seriously intelligent.

It makes me wonder why he bothers with AFL footy.

He's destined for much bigger things.

Just go play ammo's and get your first $100,000,000 coming along.

Unfortunately correct & as Ed's an old school dependable dour type defender, then there's little in the way of X factor that has probably kept TG on the list.

He'll go on to bigger & better things outside footy.

Finally we are being cutthroat and ruthless at selections

He is a very intelligent young man, he will be fine as you said

Finally we are being cutthroat and ruthless at selections

He is a very intelligent young man, he will be fine as you said

Well he wasn't dependable at all as the other poster claimed.

If so he'd still be contracted.

Bumped into Ed & Alec Morgan yesterday. He doesn’t know where he will play next year. It is all a bit raw still. The club was worried about his ability to overcome his last injury.

Sad WonderDog. Still makes me think how lucky Garner is, but, club really needed not to take a stand as such but just stop carrying blokes who cannot get on the park.
Very tough on all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that from Emperor Battle for Dune?
No its a language called Enochian that Queen Elizabeth 1's advisor and court astrologist John Dee either learned off supernatural beings or invented to impress everyone.

I can't even remember what it says now.

Smething along the lines of:

"Why have you disturbed our sleep? Awakened us from our ancient slumber? You will DIE!!!

Like the others before you. One by one we will come for you. ALL OF YOU"

No its a language called Enochian that Queen Elizabeth 1's advisor and court astrologist John Dee either learned off supernatural beings or invented to impress everyone.

I can't even remember what it says now.

Smething along the lines of:

"Why have you disturbed our sleep? Awakened us from our ancient slumber? You will DIE!!!

Like the others before you. One by one we will come for you. ALL OF YOU"

Oic...

Yeh he said the club was worried about his ability to fully recover from his last injury. He felt the injury was now all good.
I felt he recovered well but the injuries had taken their toll on his speed and versatility.
He looked as fit as could possibly be but slightly off the pace of AFL footy.

I felt he recovered well but the injuries had taken their toll on his speed and versatility.
He looked as fit as could possibly be but slightly off the pace of AFL footy.
If you can't get back your previous speed/movement can you really be said to have recovered even if you're healthy? That's more or less how I interpreted it. He might be fit enough, but they don't think he has the same attributes anymore nor the ability to return to them.

Sad WonderDog. Still makes me think how lucky Garner is, but, club really needed not to take a stand as such but just stop carrying blokes who cannot get on the park.
Very tough on all.
Garner won’t play AFL at any stage in 2021 if North are serious at rebuilding the club and blooding new players then like EVW will be out the door at the end of 2021.
At best will play VFL unless injured mind you the VFL side might be a half decent side with Garner,Turner,Hall,Tyson,Cambpall and Atley and McMillan as Captain if we can get him to play.

Garner won’t play AFL at any stage in 2021 if North are serious at rebuilding the club and blooding new players then like EVW will be out the door at the end of 2021.
At best will play VFL unless injured mind you the VFL side might be a half decent side with Garner,Turner,Hall,Tyson,Cambpall and Atley and McMillan as Captain if we can get him to play.
This is ridiculous, Garner was out of contract and could easily have been let go this year. He will be given every opportunity to play this year as he should. Why would you sign a guy and not play him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back