Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he now comes in for the rest of the season.
Jamie and Bonar are done let’s give him six weeks to prep for 2021.
To think it would have been round 22 this weekend if the season wasnt stopped in March. He would have missed 2 whole years. * me

Last edited:

To think it would have been round 22 this weekend if the season wasnt stoppeD in March. He would have missed 2 whole years. fu** me

Holy s**t. You're right. Can't believe how quickly this year has flown by. Probably a massive drag for some but I've been so busy at work it's just outrageous.

If he still has 2 arms and 2 legs connected to his body I'd play him.

Ed's contract is up this year. Hope he does enough by the end of the year to be re-contracted or at least make it onto the rookie list.
I hope he gets delisted. Sure its tough but we really need to transition to a list of blokes that can get on the park. The amount of blokes we have been carrying that can never get on the park is just stupid. May as well change the clubs name from NMFC TO NDIS.

I hope he gets delisted. Sure its tough but we really need to transition to a list of blokes that can get on the park. The amount of blokes we have been carrying that can never get on the park is just stupid. May as well change the clubs name from NMFC TO NDIS.

Jacobs and Garner would be topping that list of perennially injured players I think. Even just turning over those two would increase our lists viability, as sad as it would be to say goodbye to Jacob's especially. I'd still be holding on to EVW if he's actually given a medical clearance. Said it a million times in other threads but we have 20 odd out of contract and we probably wont even be able to turnover half of them if we wanted. Have to hold onto a few, and for me EVW is a strong candidate for that. Good age, and has smarts and clean skills which we generally lack.

Not even rookie list?

Robbie Tarrant ring any bells? I can see your point with Jacobs, Garner, and now Tyson. Guys with either a chronic condition or persistent soft-tissues like hammies and calves, but EVW has had two injuries with long rehab times. The toe was a bit of a spanner in the works. I will grant you that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't have dodgy hammies or another chronic injury that is keeping him off the park. It's all been one off impact injuries.

Not really, they kept paying part of his contract. Also, he was good last year and his current poor form mirrors that of the team's.

Just another snipe from the cheap seats.

Just because Port are paying his wages, doesnt mean we have made a good decision bringing him to the club.

He was obviously not part of Port's next Premiership assault, so they got rid off him.

And we take him and after one year promote him to the Leadership group !!! lol

Get rid off......He is VFL standard and if the club is serious of a rebuild, he has to go.

Just because Port are paying his wages, doesnt mean we have made a good decision bringing him to the club.

He was obviously not part of Port's next Premiership assault, so they got rid off him.

And we take him and after one year promote him to the Leadership group !!! lol

Get rid off......He is VFL standard and if the club is serious of a rebuild, he has to go.

Serious question, has the club said we’re rebuilding or just the media?

Serious question, has the club said we’re rebuilding or just the media?

Just the media - board has agreed to go to the draft instead on focusing on big trade targets.

So its a youth approach, not a complete rebuild.

That said, i guess you can say we have been in a rebuild since 16, but now we are going about it a different way.

Just the media - board has agreed to go to the draft instead on focusing on big trade targets.

So its a youth approach, not a complete rebuild.

That said, i guess you can say we have been in a rebuild since 16, but now we are going about it a different way.

Cheers. The media has been banging on about it so much I thought it was coming from the club and I some how missed it.

A rebuild would be an overreaction to this season. There’s not a list in the league that could handle carrying 17 injured players.

Cheers. The media has been banging on about it so much I thought it was coming from the club and I some how missed it.

A rebuild would be an overreaction to this season. There’s not a list in the league that could handle carrying 17 injured players.

I am also of the opinion that we have been quietly rebuilding without top ten picks for the past 3-4 years by grabbing quality players. If we spend 2 years with at the draft + a focus on playing our youth (like we have been this year) I reckon our list we look a lot better/stronger.

We don't need to bottom out or trade away Cunnington, Brown etc.. we already have the youth/talent at our club - we just need to develop them and our game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back