Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing on Twitter as yet - not many rumours there, but got some good people in the know here.

Terrible news though :(

My wife has done 2 in the last 2 years and it's such a tough journey back from 1 let alone multiple...

Geebus dude, ease up on the poor woman

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Fair point. It just seems that whenever a recycled is brought in they get gifted a dozen or so games to validate the decision to bring them in.

That's the way with most coaches unfortunately.

Would assume that the recruitment staff are mostly responsible for selecting the draftees giving drafted players no real advocates for selection.

But the senior coach probably has a much bigger say into which experienced players get brought in so will feel a bit more obligation to play and justify them.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let's just back McKay in for christ sakes. We need to be realistic as to where the list is at. The stop-gap measures and short-sightedness of Scott/Joyce is the reason we're still a middling team.

We still would need depth, to that end it’s not a bad idea

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Maybe TAO was given fake news so they could see where the last leak out of North is. Now they've got their rat. EVW is fine and TAO is on the bottom of the Yarra.

Good news!

We should've redrafted Mark Powell to fake his injury again and flush out any incompetent sports scientists on the payroll.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe TAO was given fake news so they could see where the last leak out of North is. Now they've got their rat. EVW is fine and TAO is on the bottom of the Yarra.

Good news!
Simple strategy, spread five false stories, to five different people, sit and wait for the dirty snitch to out themselves.

although I’m greatful for the knowledge passed on so keep leaking.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Christ.

Honestly, if there was a certain, dependable 200 gamer on our list of 23 and under it was him.

Gutted.
100% - I thought we had a clone of Shannon Hurn on our hands for the next 10 years..

ITRAT then that's terrible news for the lad (and for the club) but at least he has the nous to make it big in another industry.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simple strategy, spread five false stories, to five different people, sit and wait for the dirty snitch to out themselves.

I agree but when given the choice of a healthy 200 game EVW or a dead TAO...it's a no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news!
The news is right. He's done some ligament damage. Just not sure on the severity yet.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regrettably, id hand you the shovel and lime.
Please let it be a healthy 200 game EVW. :)
Okay team. Sort out your alibis. TAO knocks off from work ~5pm from a popular Melbourne university. We'll kidnap him then we'll roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge!

King Corey please self destruct these posts in 5 mins so we leave no evidence.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay team. Sort out your alibis. TAO knocks off from work ~5pm from a popular Melbourne university. We'll kidnap him then we'll roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge!

you kill like a caveman, surely TAO deserves a more Nobel death..
science bitch!

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

It's Jamie Vardy's missus.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

EVW had some powerful friends. You'll pay. Don't think you won't pay.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Negatory

We're all still going off TAO's mail which of course there is little reason to suspect is inaccurate

But nothing official from club

I'd imagine scans and proper diagnosis needs to be done before any official statement. I'm holding faint hope that it's nowhere near as bad as we fear.

Back