Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

I was coloured royal blue and white impressed. Composure + decision making + good disposal (which half the team cant do even with 50 games under their belt) and wins one on ones and from tonights game some were 2 and 3 on 1.

He had all those attributes in a very hostile crowd/ground 3000kms or so away in his first game. Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked composed and made the right decisions, he didn't look like a first gamer out there. Must stay in the side.
Was great to see a guy with such maturity and stability under pressure - in direct contrast to the hack kicks out of defence our captain made

That Vdub would be composed and show his quality was not in doubt - the issue going forward is whether Brad will see this as a general vote of confidence in young players - i.e. that he can bring them in and they will do their job. Let's hope so!

Good footballer should have played a lot more games already.

Only thing I didn't like was scott playing him on genuine talls in Logue and McCarthy in the 2nd half, he is too small to be a key back.
That griffin logie is gonna me a monster. Really thinking 2016 os going to be a superdraft. Just glad we got a slider at the pointy end.

I agree but the hand-wringing over four games isn't worth it. What happens next is more important.

Mostly with you but it's a bit yes and no... we might have had a couple of wins if he'd played and others didn't or played in other positions.

I agree but the hand-wringing over four games isn't worth it. What happens next is more important.
But the non selection was a contradiction of last years slaughter of bambi........Hrovat (player from another club) doesn't count . Firrito made way when he could of, would of, should held on for another season but our back stock were getting itchy.......Durds or EVW had to come in as a statement to the players on the list, to encourage and show the changing of the guard was in motion.......yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back