Kangaroos4eva

Hall of Famer
Aug 22, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
He's just like a World War II German tank.

Brutally effective and blessed with great weapons, but prone to breaking down, thirsty as all get out, and you need lots more of them than there are to win ultimate success.
I was going to go with the Panther tank for him.

Now back to EVW (Beetle), reminds me of the Kubelwagon, reliable when going, but we don't see enough of him nowadays.

LuvtheKangas

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2006
Bottom of the ladder
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And then there's blokes like Shannon Grant who grew up in the inner city, never saw a cow or a surfboard and who was remarkably resilient.

Maybe reading too much ibnto it all is a mug's game.
A similar (heated) discussion has been had on this before. Collision injuries in football are inevitable and they are essentially bad lack for the players involved. They are not the 'fault' of the players involved, nor are they avoidable via specific training (as some Sydney w@nker was claiming). Sure, you can train to strengthen knees, ankles, shoulders, etc. but you're shit out of luck if you hit them hard enough on another player / the ground / goalposts, etc.

Soft tissue injuries are another matter altogether - I have no doubt that some players are more susceptible to these, and also that some specific training would be beneficial for prevention.

But collision injuries, they can happen to anyone. Just bad luck.

Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can anyone remember what the protocol is regarding the SPP?

Can we shift EVW onto the LTI before the season within that window? Or do we have to wait for the season proper and the likely scrapped mid season draft?

Walker would make sense as an SPP if possible if this is true....

spurs

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Can anyone remember what the protocol is regarding the SPP?

Can we shift EVW onto the LTI before the season within that window? Or do we have to wait for the season proper and the likely scrapped mid season draft?

Walker would make sense as an SPP if possible if this is true....
What's happened?

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
So we've moved on picks for not much gain I hear some say.

we're a bit hamstrung this season with player spots on our list. We'll use three picks I'd suggest, plus anyone heard that EVW has had a serious set back? So that could mean a further spot if he's on the LTI list.

We've basically moved 47/50 for nothing. Or we could have kept 47 and used that, but if we feel 30 is going to get us someone worth the effort, I'll back us in.
:arrowup:

I believe we'll find out more tomorrow.

Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ok.

So if the rumours are true he requires surgery we would have the option of placing him on the LTI list for the year and take someone like Josh Walker as a SSP player like Carlton did with Sam Docherty last year in the March window.

As harsh as it is on Ed, we have to be better at this.

Both Jacobs and Majak should of been ruled out for the year last year prior to the mid season draft, it subsequently destroyed the VFL side not replacing them.

We can’t burn a list spot for the year when we could legitimately pick up a best 22 caliber replacement for nothing prior to the cut off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spurs

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Ok.

So if the rumours are true he requires surgery we would have the option of placing him on the LTI list for the year and take someone like Josh Walker as a SSP player like Carlton did with Sam Docherty last year in the March window.

As harsh as it is on Ed, we have to be better at this.

Both Jacobs and Majak should of been ruled out for the year last year prior to the mid season draft, it subsequently destroyed the VFL side not replacing them.

We can’t burn a list spot for the year when we could legitimately pick up a best 22 caliber replacement for nothing prior to the cut off.
Surely this is the end of his career, if I take it he's done an ACL.

king rising

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s done his ACL. Terrible news. He won’t stay in footy and will retire I’ve been told, lots to look forward too post footy as he is such a smart lad. Very sad that we haven’t seen the best of him, but comforting to know he’s got plenty in front of him outside footy, and won’t fall by the wayside like many do.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s done his ACL. Terrible news. He won’t stay in footy and will retire I’ve been told, lots to look forward too post footy as he is such a smart lad. Very sad that we haven’t seen the best of him, but comforting to know he’s got plenty in front of him outside footy, and won’t fall by the wayside like many do.
Terrible news, All the best to the lad. Makes the trade today make more sense also with Walker I assume to replace EVW

Sillygit

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
jesus fu** that's a quick and bad turn of events

Mordecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
I am here.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Really liked Ed's attitude and hoped he'd stay with us for a long time. I hope he stays on in some capacity but sounds like he has much to look forward to elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Comes a time when you have to call it a day. Heading into his 6th year and every one decimated by serious injury?

hellas_johnny

Club Legend
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
not good at all. will be such a shame missing out on a player like him. couldve been a gun. getting walker is now a no brainer and if there is a time for Mckay to pull his finger out its defs now!

Top Bottom