Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can anyone remember what the protocol is regarding the SPP?

Can we shift EVW onto the LTI before the season within that window? Or do we have to wait for the season proper and the likely scrapped mid season draft?

Walker would make sense as an SPP if possible if this is true....

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Can anyone remember what the protocol is regarding the SPP?

Can we shift EVW onto the LTI before the season within that window? Or do we have to wait for the season proper and the likely scrapped mid season draft?

Walker would make sense as an SPP if possible if this is true....
What's happened?

So we've moved on picks for not much gain I hear some say.

we're a bit hamstrung this season with player spots on our list. We'll use three picks I'd suggest, plus anyone heard that EVW has had a serious set back? So that could mean a further spot if he's on the LTI list.

We've basically moved 47/50 for nothing. Or we could have kept 47 and used that, but if we feel 30 is going to get us someone worth the effort, I'll back us in.
:arrowup:

I believe we'll find out more tomorrow.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ok.

So if the rumours are true he requires surgery we would have the option of placing him on the LTI list for the year and take someone like Josh Walker as a SSP player like Carlton did with Sam Docherty last year in the March window.

As harsh as it is on Ed, we have to be better at this.

Both Jacobs and Majak should of been ruled out for the year last year prior to the mid season draft, it subsequently destroyed the VFL side not replacing them.

We can’t burn a list spot for the year when we could legitimately pick up a best 22 caliber replacement for nothing prior to the cut off.

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Ok.

So if the rumours are true he requires surgery we would have the option of placing him on the LTI list for the year and take someone like Josh Walker as a SSP player like Carlton did with Sam Docherty last year in the March window.

As harsh as it is on Ed, we have to be better at this.

Both Jacobs and Majak should of been ruled out for the year last year prior to the mid season draft, it subsequently destroyed the VFL side not replacing them.

We can’t burn a list spot for the year when we could legitimately pick up a best 22 caliber replacement for nothing prior to the cut off.
Surely this is the end of his career, if I take it he's done an ACL.

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s done his ACL. Terrible news. He won’t stay in footy and will retire I’ve been told, lots to look forward too post footy as he is such a smart lad. Very sad that we haven’t seen the best of him, but comforting to know he’s got plenty in front of him outside footy, and won’t fall by the wayside like many do.

He’s done his ACL. Terrible news. He won’t stay in footy and will retire I’ve been told, lots to look forward too post footy as he is such a smart lad. Very sad that we haven’t seen the best of him, but comforting to know he’s got plenty in front of him outside footy, and won’t fall by the wayside like many do.
Terrible news, All the best to the lad. Makes the trade today make more sense also with Walker I assume to replace EVW

jesus * that's a quick and bad turn of events

Really liked Ed's attitude and hoped he'd stay with us for a long time. I hope he stays on in some capacity but sounds like he has much to look forward to elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Comes a time when you have to call it a day. Heading into his 6th year and every one decimated by serious injury?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Christ.

Honestly, if there was a certain, dependable 200 gamer on our list of 23 and under it was him.

Gutted.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
not good at all. will be such a shame missing out on a player like him. couldve been a gun. getting walker is now a no brainer and if there is a time for Mckay to pull his finger out its defs now!

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So has it been confirmed? Really hoping the rumours aren’t true. Surely if they are true he hasn’t pulled the pin straight away...

I had him pencilled in as a future captain. So much potential and has such natural football IQ.

What’s the go if he does pull the pin? Do we get an extra list spot? Or because it’s past the list lodgement date we won’t?

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
What a disaster for the guy, had such high hopes for him, as said before he should’ve been a 200 gamer and a leadership group guy as well, maybe even a VC type.

Wish him all the best for the future

Tragic and I love the guy but let's not exagerate the brainy angle.
My boy had to show him what colour a kangaroo is FFS.

1574254665084.png

Back