Delisted 33. Jake Tarca (2019 - 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks good this kid. Knows how to find the goals thats for sure. Looks like he plays like Linc.

MOD EDIT

Get some class.

Go Catters

Last edited by a moderator:
Good skills this kid. Given Hayball was taken at 70 and did nothing really this blokes highlight package seems a win.
We will see what happens but leads to the ball well.
I like the mark on the lead and turn to get it onto F50 quickly. The little chip kick was off target but to advantage of his team mate but there is skills there.

Time on his side.

Go Catters

As a Panther supporter I can say first hand that this kid has enough natural talent to be a gun at AFL level. As has been noted, he's very small for an AFL player, and his tank needs development. There's low margin for error and he'll need to get most things going his way.

If he can get everything right, remains relatively injury free and continually trains hard and develops consistently, I see no reason why he can't forge a solid career at AFL level.

Nice relaxed setshot and crumbs it well off the pack... hard role and plenty to get in front off but seems a reasonable choice .. probably has a more rounded look than Meirs..

So we traded our next year R4 for 68 ... probably not much of a risk ... maybe a range of 60-70 but at that stage of the draft ...not much risk...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice relaxed setshot and crumbs it well off the pack... hard role and plenty to get in front off but seems a reasonable choice .. probably has a more rounded look than Meirs..

So we traded our next year R4 for 68 ... probably not much of a risk ... maybe a range of 60-70 but at that stage of the draft ...not much risk...
Its not much risk at all tbh, as most clubs stop selecting after round 4, so our fifth round selection comes into around 5-10 places just behind it possibly, especially if they say next year's draft has little depth so far. Probably why we went hard this year at the draft.

Its not much risk at all tbh, as most clubs stop selecting after round 4, so our fifth round selection comes into around 5-10 places just behind it possibly, especially if they say next year's draft has little depth so far. Probably why we went hard this year at the draft.

I really like the look of the kid in this ... he seems much more of a ground ball player than what Linc was. Elements of Stokes in a way ... but could develop into a good fp..he looks much more suited to that role than others we have drafted recently

I really like the look of the kid in this ... he seems much more of a ground ball player than what Linc was. Elements of Stokes in a way ... but could develop into a good fp..he looks much more suited to that role than others we have drafted recently

I love the look of this kid. He's a pure forward pocket who kicks goals, something we haven't had since the Ronnie Burns days. It's also an area we're desperately lacking in.

I love the look of this kid. He's a pure forward pocket who kicks goals, something we haven't had since the Ronnie Burns days. It's also an area we're desperately lacking in.

Nice skills with both feet too. Looks like he knows where the big sticks are and for a little guy, I liked his ability to use his body.

Nice skills with both feet too. Looks like he knows where the big sticks are and for a little guy, I liked his ability to use his body.
Dare I say it but he reminds me a little of Milne. Let's hope he's half as good.

An actual small forward. Happy with this as we need to stop playing mids as forwards.

giphy.gif

An actual small forward. Happy with this as we need to stop playing mids as forwards.

Looks like his skills will translate in the modern high pressure game.

Seems to have a bit more to him than miers due to his physicality and pace.

Out of our picks I reckon Clark and this guy will make it.

Totally agree with this. It also feeds into my other point which is the current obsession in the AFL of turning everyone into a mid. I just don;t understand it. Mainly because I reckon it is harder to find a natural goal kicker than a mid and so if you have one maybe just using him to his strengths make sense. There is a ridiculous obsession with flexibility at Geelong and I reckon this has hurt our continuity of the last few years. I would love natural goal kickers playing forward and minimal changes from week to week. I am sick of us being the revolving door club each week even when we don't have many injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back