Delisted 33. Jake Tarca (2019 - 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confused by this comment. Does this mean you are hoping he is a star? I mean obviously everyone does but if you offered me Papley's output and career projection right now I would bite your hand off!

He was pathetic in that final against Geelong - when the Cats belted them

Papley jnr - a dime a dozen type player

Jones is doing okay and came from a long way back, but I reckon Tarca and Miers have better footy nous.

I still think Miers will be the best of the three, still early days, but he also seems pretty injury free and plays a lot of footy.

Miers - smarts and endurance v shallow kicking . Jones- burst pace and great kick but not a "smart" goal kicker. Seems they are almost opposites.

Tarca hopefully has the kicking and the smarts with average to good running capabilites .

Then surely one will be a lock in the best 22 from 2020 for quite a few years.

This kid has good attributes ... has a bit of green and a bit of Linc.... only I cant work out is why he plays for Geelong one week and Carlton the next ...:moustache:

If he can do the running this boy Jake might just push for an early game...

It's hard to say exactly what it is, but there's something about the way he plays where he just seems to continuously try and make an impact at every available opportunity.

I really, really like his highlight packages. Still trying to reserve judgement for a broader exposure at higher levels but I do have that gut feel that he's going to prove better than any of Linc/Gregson/Miers/Jones.

Miers hasn't done much wrong yet and done pretty well l would've thought.
I'll reserve judgement until he has half a dozen senior games.
Didn't he win the VFL goalkicking first year?

Having Tarka, Jones and Miers all on the track at this stage offers hope. One of them needs to demand a place and then we move forward.

Its life at the sharp end ... Miers hasn't even played a AFL game yet and is being passed by a guy who hasn't played VFL yet. Law of the jungle will sort it but superficially Tarca look more rounded..

Its life at the sharp end ... Miers hasn't even played a AFL game yet and is being passed by a guy who hasn't played VFL yet. Law of the jungle will sort it but superficially Tarca look more rounded..
He certainly has the marking, speed and goal nous for a little fella.

I reckon Miers will be a good long-term investment as well.

Nothing wrong with Jones, but I reckon the other two may pass him.

Miers hasn't done much wrong yet and done pretty well l would've thought.
I'll reserve judgement until he has half a dozen senior games.
Didn't he win the VFL goalkicking first year?

He finished the season with 1 fewer goal than Crameri from nearly twice as many games, but that's counting finals. May have won it based on the regular season.

He finished the season with 1 fewer goal than Crameri from nearly twice as many games, but that's counting finals. May have won it based on the regular season.
Crameri was a cooked sr player who still had enough in the tank to perform at vfl level..where as Meirs was stepping up. It still to be determined if he can play at the top level. Does he have the game to be as flexible or is he good enough to be a single role player..

He still kicked 21 goals didn't he? Still better than anyone else apart from Crameri then. Had a 26 possessions game when asked to play midfield late late last season, for a first year player l think he showed a fair amount of ability.
Looks a bigger version from last year going by photos next to Dallhaus l reckon he'll improve, he deserves time imo.

Crameri was a cooked sr player who still had enough in the tank to perform at vfl level..where as Meirs was stepping up. It still to be determined if he can play at the top level. Does he have the game to be as flexible or is he good enough to be a single role player..

I wasn't commenting on trajectories, just goal numbers. Cooked is very harsh on Crammers, if not for injuries he'd probably have gone around again imo.

He still kicked 21 goals didn't he? Still better than anyone else apart from Crameri then. Had a 26 possessions game when asked to play midfield late late last season, for a first year player l think he showed a fair amount of ability.
Looks a bigger version from last year going by photos next to Dallhaus l reckon he'll improve, he deserves time imo.

It was 20 goals from 20 games. Worth bearing in mind that this does mean guys like Jones and Narkle had higher goal averages, but played fewer games.

I actually have said this before but I like Miers more as a midfielder or link up player. He has clean hands, seems good in traffic and generally makes the right choice. He's a bit undersized for that role at AFL level, unfortunately, not even making 180, and I'm not convinced he'll be a small forward at AFL level unless he can improve his kicking penetration significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't commenting on trajectories, just goal numbers. Cooked is very harsh on Crammers, if not for injuries he'd probably have gone around again imo.

It was 20 goals from 20 games. Worth bearing in mind that this does mean guys like Jones and Narkle had higher goal averages, but played fewer games.

I actually have said this before but I like Miers more as a midfielder or link up player. He has clean hands, seems good in traffic and generally makes the right choice. He's a bit undersized for that role at AFL level, unfortunately, not even making 180, and I'm not convinced he'll be a small forward at AFL level unless he can improve his kicking penetration significantly.

Its his body im saying was cooked... I listened to an interview with him where he basically said as much...

Its his body im saying was cooked... I listened to an interview with him where he basically said as much...
Think you've taken him more than a little out of context there, but happy to look at any source you'll provide

Narkle and Fogarty are guys who potentially have a career as AFL midfielders ahead of them.

Jones/Tarca/Miers are probably only going to be small forwards if they make it. Atkins as a 23 year old VFL guy has had a very different journey, but I do think he'll play some good football for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back