Past Jarrod Pickett

CRAP!!!! I'm so angry/disappointed....

One of a handful of players I've seen at Carlton in 20 years that genuinely excited me - will never forget his game against Sydney in Sydney - so long ago now.

I hope he and his body gets well and does it 'easier' back home with family - just so much bad luck with injury front running his whole career.

All the best Jarrod.

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Sad to see guys not reach their full potential, regardless of the reason.
I hope he comes back to the game one day because the game needs guys that don't just play on auto pilot.
Good luck Jarrod.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I'm pissed

Same . Really gutted me. This time last year was looking forward to 2019 season seeing Carlton with Docherty and Byrne down back and Pickett up forward half. * we have had no luck. Good luck Jarrod. I really thought you had a great role to play for us when you got healthy and fit. Real shame.

Well he lasted longer than Troy Menzel. Does this timing suggest Bolton was the reason we were keeping him / he was staying on?

Would suggest that. Bolton held him in high regard.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Teague did say that all players were starting with a clean slate going forward wonder what happened?

Or did he sit down with Jarrod with a fresh look and this is what came out of those discussions?

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes it's not his fault and someone else's........Not his fault he couldn't lay of fatty foods or get off his ass and go for a run

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ease up there Tiger. Merely suggesting that the frustrating run of injuries added to the other factors such as the negative game plan and lack of opportunity may have made him question his love of the game.

a_shot_on_ehlo

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2011
Place between two rivers
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bulls, West Indies
Wouldn't surprise to see this guy back in the AFL in the next few years, just needs luck with injury and sustained game time in the WAFL...

Would have loved to see him playing his best footy at Carlton but sadly not to be

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Why would he leave the week after Bolton got the sack if that were the case?

Who knows? Maybe his injury is not progressing as well as expected and the outlook for his career at AFL level was not good? There could be a lot of things that the public will never be aware of.
Regardless of the reasons, I wish him well.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Teague did say that all players were starting with a clean slate going forward wonder what happened?

Or did he sit down with Jarrod with a fresh look and this is what came out of those discussions?

I reckon the discussions would have been ongoing throughout the season.

He looked 'puffy' and way off in the last photo I saw of him, and I doubt he was going to be offered a contract, or even the opportunity to earn another contract over the pre-season anyway.

Injuries really derailed any chance of a decent career unfortunately. Some players get hungrier to get back playing footy during long stints on the sidelines and do whatever it takes to be as fit as possible for their return; Pickett... got hungrier.

Shame. Reminded me of Rioli in his pre-draft footage, with his evasion, speed and toughness. Ran a 14+ beep test too, so clearly had some aerobic ability in his younger days.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Back