Past Jarrod Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone at the club was telling him to eat KFC
Genetic diversity in carbohydrate tolerance is pretty broad, and given how little removed Indigenous cultures are from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle compared to most, it stands to reason he may have need more precise guidelines.

That's why I'm not ruling out the club directives.

Damn it.

He was one of the most talented.
I'm pissed
Same . Really gutted me. This time last year was looking forward to 2019 season seeing Carlton with Docherty and Byrne down back and Pickett up forward half. fu** we have had no luck. Good luck Jarrod. I really thought you had a great role to play for us when you got healthy and fit. Real shame.
I am so gutted by this. There was a role in team just for him that our list did not have already but now we have to go back to drawing board and be hard to find guys as talented as him that could be ready to impact games next year that was expecting he would be ready to do after overcoming latest injury. God ,it is serious downer. It was sad last week saying goodbye to Bolts whom meant well but was not working out. This I feel more gutted by as it is a player on list I thought that could really be important. We can only replace such talent via some free agency in off season. Certainly a setback for our list plans like when we lost Ciaran Byrne over summer in unexpected fashion.

Aah damn, that's tough. Two horror injuries. Best of luck Pickett!

As I half expected Eagles look ready to pounce to grab him in Pre-Season Supplemental Selection period according to afl.com.au

As I half expected Eagles look ready to pounce to grab him in Pre-Season Supplemental Selection period according to afl.com.au
If this happens, and he becomes the player I hoped he could be in their jumper, I will deadset spew.

I don't know the details of what's going on in his life, but you do not retire from the game only to be picked up a year later by a club 'back home' and make a go of it. How many fresh chances does one person get, and how many opportunities should they be afforded? Why, if he makes a go of it there, didn't he make a go of it here? Pickett is distinct from others discarded by us, in that he was a SOS selection who we were all bullish on. He was with us under Bolton.

I admire players for their professionalism, and for their loyalty in a business oriented world. Pickett has never displayed either attribute.

If this happens, and he becomes the player I hoped he could be in their jumper, I will deadset spew.

I don't know the details of what's going on in his life, but you do not retire from the game only to be picked up a year later by a club 'back home' and make a go of it. How many fresh chances does one person get, and how many opportunities should they be afforded? Why, if he makes a go of it there, didn't he make a go of it here? Pickett is distinct from others discarded by us, in that he was a SOS selection who we were all bullish on. He was with us under Bolton.

I admire players for their professionalism, and for their loyalty in a business oriented world. Pickett has never displayed either attribute.
I won't make such judgements on Pickett's character without actually knowing him. I suspect he went back to Perth as combination of constantly injured on east side of Australia both in Sydney and now Melbourne would not surprise a bit of pining for your original state and getting in touch with more family and friends without knowing if you will every get your body right.

Him going back home linked up perfectly timewise with his partner being pregnant. With him being new father and having the extra support of being home I couldn't begrudge him for getting his s**t together. Hope he does well

I won't make such judgements on Pickett's character without actually knowing him. I suspect he went back to Perth as combination of constantly injured on east side of Australia both in Sydney and now Melbourne would not surprise a bit of pining for your original state and getting in touch with more family and friends without knowing if you will every get your body right.
I wouldn't normally either. But this stinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's struck out at two clubs now, with those early questions over his mindset/discipline seemingly answered at both. It's natural as modern Blues fans to expect the worst, but there's no reason to believe he'll flick the switch third time round.

He's struck out at two clubs now, with those early questions over his mindset/discipline seemingly answered at both. It's natural as modern Blues fans to expect the worst, but there's no reason to believe he'll flick the switch third time round.
Pickett was just on the news over here in Perth, training with WCE to try and get their last list spot.

Was running laps in a loose shirt, but looked in worse shape than when he train at Carlton last. They said he has a long way to go, bring up his knee problems as the reason.

Pickett was just on the news over here in Perth, training with WCE to try and get their last list spot.

Was running laps in a loose shirt, but looked in worse shape than when he train at Carlton last. They said he has a long way to go, bring up his knee problems as the reason.
There are 3 others training with WC for their final list spot. Pickett would need to get fit and show something quickly to get picked up and I personally don't think he will this year.

A good year in the WAFL for South Freo and I can see him getting picked up again for the 2021 but my only concern is his motivation if he doesn't get picked up this season.

Almost 18 months later and not even in mid season rookie draft pool.
Wonder what he been doing in regards to footy.
From what I've head, Wet Toast were trying to convince to sign up for the MSD.

Almost 18 months later and not even in mid season rookie draft pool.
Wonder what he been doing in regards to footy.
Signed a 2-year deal with South Fremantle last year, but hasn't played a game for them. I would assume the contract was torn up in the off-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back