Past Jarrod Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Not real happy about this.

Knew a few who had the work ethic and the desire, burnt it up out there, but were too working class/wrong body shape/not eye catching enough to get selected. Kills me to see someone with all the talent in the world and athletic attributes that set him out turn their back on what could've been.

He's free to make the choices he's made, certainly. Just, I do hope he realised what he's leaving before he has left, and come to terms with it. Bitterness has a way of turning joy into ashes and dust.

CFC18

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
That would have meant Docherty could only return if we had another LTI.
That still suggests we didn't hold anyone in too high regard if we preferenced an outside chance of Doc playing a few games over another player.

CFC18

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Never been such a fan of someone who barely played any games let alone games for us. Expected the preseason game against Freo would be the first of many games I'd see him dominate, real shame.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
That still suggests we didn't hold anyone in too high regard if we preferenced an outside chance of Doc playing a few games over another player.
We clearly considered - then passed over - Hirst.

Anyway, this isn't the thread to continue this kind of discussion.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
That's shattering!!!
So much talent...a fit Pickett would have been exciting in our new look forward line feeding off the big 3.
Just not meant to be...I guess some players just don't have what it takes for the ongoing rigors of AFL football.
All the best Jarrod.
A fit Pickett.......world is still waiting.

Probably earned over $600 or $700 grand and never took footy serious. Good on him, good luck with what he does but no loss. We all saw what he could possibly do but he never actually did it save for a play here or there. So many times would burn someone off with pace and then miss the goals or do something stupid.

Lost me when he turned up overweight this season when his career was basically on the line.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Such a pity.
It would be so hard to have to keep working your way back from injury, only to get injured again. The standards of fitness for an AFL player are so monumentally high, getting back up there (again... and again...) would be a massive task which not everyone is equal to. I had hopes for this guy, but I don't blame him for falling by the wayside. It's very sad. I hope things after footy work out for him.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
A fit Pickett.......world is still waiting.

Probably earned over $600 or $700 grand and never took footy serious. Good on him, good luck with what he does but no loss. We all saw what he could possibly do but he never actually did it save for a play here or there. So many times would burn someone off with pace and then miss the goals or do something stupid.

Lost me when he turned up overweight this season when his career was basically on the line.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Apparently he spoke highly of you too

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Talented, no doubt. Some of the flashes of brilliance shown provided hope that there was a player there that could finally solve a small forward woe we've had for a while. Unfortunate to see the way its turned out and wish him all the best with him and his fam. Would prefer the list spot goes to someone with the hunger to play footy for our club. Small forwards will be high on the shopping list end of year for sure.

All the best, Jarrod.

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Really disappointed with Jarrod not sticking it out.

Had the pace we sorely need.

Was in our Consensus 22 before the injury IIRC.

For all the discussion about his weight and coming back out of shape, he must have done the extra work as he was apparently back in full training and playing in an intra-club when he got crunched and the patella was done.

CFC18

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
In recent years we've had Betts, Yarran, Garlett now Pickett want out, and have had limited success with our Indigenous players including Smith, LeBois, Garlett. Perhaps it's an area we need to invest more in or look at where we may be failing.

Of course Jones and SPS are performing brilliantly and seem well entrenched into the group, so perhaps it's nothing more than a lack of talent. Hopefully we can add some more promising aboriginal players soon. Really bummed about this outcome

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Also not sure if a mistake or not, but Deluca looks to have taken and upgraded his jumper number as well to 33, going off the injury report.

Consider this everyone, Pickett suffered from a Lisfranc dislocation which took him out of the game for 12 months. IIRC, last year, he fractured his scaphoid and then in the preseason this year, he suffers a ruptured patella! The constant long term injuries would trouble all but the most dedicated. Hopefully, he goes away, has a couple of good years playing at the lower levels in the WAFL or the VFL and some team decides to give him another shot at the big time as a mature aged recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back