AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Now seems a debate of Laverde vs Begley to get the nod for this weeks game. I'm a massive Laverde fan and want to see him play, but would also enjoy seeing the fridge get his debut game sometime soon.

Now seems a debate of Laverde vs Begley to get the nod for this weeks game. I'm a massive Laverde fan and want to see him play, but would also enjoy seeing the fridge get his debut game sometime soon.

I'm a big Laverde fan too (Avatar still rolling) - but I want to make sure hes body is ready to play uninjured the next few seasons. Not just available.

Is dominating against the Northern Blues a true indication of how he's tracking? I know you can only play against the opposition put in front of you but he won't be afforded nearly the same amount of time and space if playing in the seniors. He'll also be tested a hell of a lot more aerobically given the ball will fizz all over the field moreso than anything he's seen so far since his return.

I'd like to see him given 1 more in the reserves before consideration for the seniors. Bring him in against the Dogs or Blues.

Is dominating against the Northern Blues a true indication of how he's tracking? I know you can only play against the opposition put in front of you but he won't be afforded nearly the same amount of time and space if playing in the seniors. He'll also be tested a hell of a lot more aerobically given the ball will fizz all over the field moreso than anything he's seen so far since his return.

I'd like to see him given 1 more in the reserves before consideration for the seniors. Bring him in against the Dogs or Blues.

Kicked 3 goals the week before and 6 against Northern Blues I say he's ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the perfect game to bring him in. North are cooked & he'll find his feet with good support around him.

Let's see if he grabs his opp. Worst case he's short of a gallop & begley comes in.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can add to our side. Is a big talent upgrade for Green and the sooner we get games into him the better. His game shouldn't be judged on goals or possessions but instead on score-involvements and duplicating the role offered by Green in our structure. I'm keen to see some creative flair on show too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back